ES XXV Satellite - Maxar and DISH

Over the years I have been told a lot of things that I had to keep under my hat. Some never made it to light. I can only report on things I am told, and sometimes I am told not to say anything until its public. (Remember I am under a NDA with DISH for certain things)

It was about a year now since I was told that a new satellite was under design and told some of the things they were hoping it would do. I was also told not to say anything until its announced publiclly as DISH is a publiclly traded company and me giving out information about things like that could be a violation of SEC rules.

I sometimes walk on eggshells with stuff I am told just for that reason. There is a lot I don't report. I thank the folks I talk with and meet with for putting their trust in me. If I am asked not to say something then I won't. However if I find something out on my own then its fair game. To be honest, I haven't dug for things in a long time as I am normally now kept in the loop on many things.

Now what I was told about the satellite was almost a year ago, did specs for it change? That I don't know. If DISH wants me to know they will tell me. And who knows when we know more there is a chance we could have some of the folks behind it come here and answer questions about how it all works. I have always been told by DISH if I want something just ask.

I don't own any DISH stock now has DISH ever been a direct advertiser here. (Meaning they have never had an advertising contract with us or paid us directly, but we may have run their ads unknowingly through our ad agencies such as Google Adsense.)

I don't have to make anything up in reporting things. I just report what I have been told, heard or learned on my own.

Some people want you to believe that the satellite industry is dead. Is it in its prime? No but lots of things coming over the horizon that shows me satellite will be around for a long long time.

SatelliteGuys was founded to help people learn about satellite, to help them out and report on the industry, and over the last 20 years we have not waivered from that mission. We love this technology and love helping others. We offer support that no one else does, and I can say without a doubt in my mind we can and do support people better than calling any 800 number for support. There are no scripts here, our folks have learned by doing and enjoy helping others. We have lots of great members who also help out and enjoy doing so and we are thankful for them being here at SatelliteGuys!

In thanking people I can't forget all the people who have financially supported this site over the past 20 years and helped us keep the lights on, these folks have believed in us so much to give us their hard earned money so that more people could learn from us. The folks who you may see labeled as Pub Members, Life Time Supporters and Supporting Founders are the reason we are still here and online. Honestly without their support we would have been gone a long time ago. I can't thank them enough.

Finally in closing we are named SatelliteGuys not DishGuys or DirectvGuys, we want to work to support them all. And I am PROUD to let our members that over the next few days we will have a major announcement and will be supporting even more SatelliteGuys. We love Satellite. and there is a reason why we are known as "America's Satellite Information Source!"

Stay Tuned!

Over the years I have been told a lot of things that I had to keep under my hat. Some never made it to light. I can only report on things I am told, and sometimes I am told not to say anything until its public. (Remember I am under a NDA with DISH for certain things)

It was about a year now since I was told that a new satellite was under design and told some of the things they were hoping it would do. I was also told not to say anything until its announced publiclly as DISH is a publiclly traded company and me giving out information about things like that could be a violation of SEC rules.

I sometimes walk on eggshells with stuff I am told just for that reason. There is a lot I don't report. I thank the folks I talk with and meet with for putting their trust in me. If I am asked not to say something then I won't. However if I find something out on my own then its fair game. To be honest, I haven't dug for things in a long time as I am normally now kept in the loop on many things.

Now what I was told about the satellite was almost a year ago, did specs for it change? That I don't know. If DISH wants me to know they will tell me. And who knows when we know more there is a chance we could have some of the folks behind it come here and answer questions about how it all works. I have always been told by DISH if I want something just ask.

I don't own any DISH stock now has DISH ever been a direct advertiser here. (Meaning they have never had an advertising contract with us or paid us directly, but we may have run their ads unknowingly through our ad agencies such as Google Adsense.)

I don't have to make anything up in reporting things. I just report what I have been told, heard or learned on my own.

Some people want you to believe that the satellite industry is dead. Is it in its prime? No but lots of things coming over the horizon that shows me satellite will be around for a long long time.

SatelliteGuys was founded to help people learn about satellite, to help them out and report on the industry, and over the last 20 years we have not waivered from that mission. We love this technology and love helping others. We offer support that no one else does, and I can say without a doubt in my mind we can and do support people better than calling any 800 number for support. There are no scripts here, our folks have learned by doing and enjoy helping others. We have lots of great members who also help out and enjoy doing so and we are thankful for them being here at SatelliteGuys!

In thanking people I can't forget all the people who have financially supported this site over the past 20 years and helped us keep the lights on, these folks have believed in us so much to give us their hard earned money so that more people could learn from us. The folks who you may see labeled as Pub Members, Life Time Supporters and Supporting Founders are the reason we are still here and online. Honestly without their support we would have been gone a long time ago. I can't thank them enough.

Finally in closing we are named SatelliteGuys not DishGuys or DirectvGuy, we work to support them all. And I am PROUD to let our members that over the next few days we will have a major announcement and will be supporting even more SatelliteGuys. We love Satellite. and there is a reason why we are known as "America's Satellite Information Source!"

Stay Tuned!
Thanks Scott for all what you do.

Reactions: NYDutch
Great news that design was a year ago.
Maxar used to have a big backlog but this is only the second GEO they announced this year so construction might move along faster than in previous years.
let's hope it has lots of new features.

Great news that design was a year ago.
Maxar used to have a big backlog but this is only the second GEO they announced this year so construction might move along faster than in previous years.
let's hope it has lots of new features.
Let me just say I dont know how far along that design was, lots of things could have changed since then. :)

Finally in closing we are named SatelliteGuys not DishGuys or DirectvGuys, we want to work to support them all. And I am PROUD to let our members that over the next few days we will have a major announcement and will be supporting even more SatelliteGuys. We love Satellite. and there is a reason why we are known as "America's Satellite Information Source!"

Stay Tuned!
A MAJOR announcement? Do tell!

Here's another point of view as far as satellites not being 'dead'...

The recent Dish hack had all of our systems absolutely locked up and us locked out, yet the satellites kept on...doing their thing. If we had been a traditional streaming or cable service and we went completely down...so would the services. Customers would have been without ANYTHING for the 2-3 weeks it took us to just get back into the systems and a rudimentary phone service up and running.

But with a satellite based system, most of our customers were unaware we were hacked for over a month.

Here's another point of view as far as satellites not being 'dead'...

The recent Dish hack had all of our systems absolutely locked up and us locked out, yet the satellites kept on...doing their thing. If we had been a traditional streaming or cable service and we went completely down...so would the services. Customers would have been without ANYTHING for the 2-3 weeks it took us to just get back into the systems and a rudimentary phone service up and running.

But with a satellite based system, most of our customers were unaware we were hacked for over a month.
Very good point! I have always looked at satellite being much more reliable than any other.