Escalation Department Phone or Email?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sonydude1966

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
Been having a video stutter on both receivers, and recently found out more than 1 HD channel. Called D on Wednesday, and was "escalated," and waiting for a call back. I tried calling and cannot get to this "escalation" department. Reps keep saying they can't transfer me, yet here I am on day 3 waiting for them to call me. They must have phones if they call me, right?

Frustrating having to wait days to get a call back. Front line reps tell me 48 hours. Perhaps I am being impatient, but I do expect to atleast have an appointment set by day 3.

Does anyone have a number or email to this "escalation" place? Thanks.

Been having a video stutter on both receivers, and recently found out more than 1 HD channel. Called D on Wednesday, and was "escalated," and waiting for a call back. I tried calling and cannot get to this "escalation" department. Reps keep saying they can't transfer me, yet here I am on day 3 waiting for them to call me. They must have phones if they call me, right?

Frustrating having to wait days to get a call back. Front line reps tell me 48 hours. Perhaps I am being impatient, but I do expect to atleast have an appointment set by day 3.

Does anyone have a number or email to this "escalation" place? Thanks.

How many service calls have you had to try and fix this?

How many service calls have you had to try and fix this?
No service calls on this issue. I was waiting for this "escalation" department to call me back. I called D again for the 4th time, and was able to convince the front line rep to schedule a service call to my residence. I should have tried that 3 reps ago.

She was saying how the system may not let her schedule me, etc., but I said please try. I was getting a little worked up, but managed to keep it under control. I use to work at a call center, so I know getting mad and upset doesn't help. Just firmly and calmly state what you want and all that.

So, I have my first service call after having D for 2 months now. I hope I get a bright tech, and they can help.

On this escalation thing; It sure doesn't seem so great an idea to keep a customer waiting for an "escalation" call back for 48 hours or more. Further, I was told, you had to be home when they call, and they do not have a call back number. How silly and frustrating for the customer.

When this was first happening, I thought the video stutter was on 1 receiver and 1 channel (FoxNews HD). Come to find out, it's both receivers, and atleast 2 channels. The video stutter is so fast and intermittent, that it may be on even more channels. So far, just HD.

"Disconnect service"

State that at the voice prompt to get connected to someone helpful, knowledgeable, and with authority to do something.

If you've only had service a few months they are probably getting the issue to their installation support team, that will call you back, go through what is happening, and if necessary setup a truck-roll to come fix it.

It is entirely possible that the CSR couldn't do it, or that there wasn't anyone in that dept on a Saturday evening.

Calling cancellations won't do much, they'll end up getting you to the same place.

Without knowing more about your problem, I would first guess that the dish may not be aimed/peaked properly, resulting in poor signal.

If you've only had service a few months they are probably getting the issue to their installation support team, that will call you back, go through what is happening, and if necessary setup a truck-roll to come fix it.

It is entirely possible that the CSR couldn't do it, or that there wasn't anyone in that dept on a Saturday evening.

Calling cancellations won't do much, they'll end up getting you to the same place.

Without knowing more about your problem, I would first guess that the dish may not be aimed/peaked properly, resulting in poor signal.
Thanks. I was able to set up a service call to my residence through the CSR for this Wednesday. I was impatient waiting 3 days for the "escalation" place to call me back. Hopefully, that's the "truck-roll" you're talking about, and it will be handled appropriately. I did call on this problem last Wednesday, so I think someone should have called back by now. I know "stuff happens" and all.

My problem is that every 15 minutes to a couple of hours, I get a video stutter, where the picture seems to split horizontally, and then go back together very fast, in less than a second. So far, I've noticed it on 2 different HD channels, 290 (disney HD) and 360 (foxnews HD). It's been going on for about a week and a half.

It did rain heavily for a short time right about when I started having this problem, so it could be dish/outside connection related. I can't remember with certainy if the problem was going on before or after the heavy rain. The picture did go out for a while when the heavy rain started, and was back on when I turned on my set a couple hours later.

It does happen on my 2 different receivers (HR22-100, H21-100). I would think the problem is from the dish to the cable in my bedroom. After my bedroom, the cable goes further down to the living room.

I hope I get an experienced tech on Wednesday, crossing fingers. I recorded a stutter on my dvr for the tech. Audio in unaffected.

On a different issue, twice in the last couple of days, I got a flashing black out, meaning it would be like a strobe light between the picture and a blank screen. This happened on a couple of HD channels for a few minutes, then corrected.

101 signals are in the 80's and 90's
110 in the 90's
119 in 80's and 90's
99(a) in the 70's and 80's
103(b) in the 70's and 80's

I'm in Southern, CA.

Since you haven't had a service call yet, Jason is right. You were probably referred to tech support to tech support...and it may be that they're waiting on the local DirecTV installer to set up the appointment. Going straight to escalations isn't going to do anything for you at this time, unless the truck roll doesn't solve the problem.

From what you're describing of your issue, and assuming that when you said it happened on two receivers meant it was also two different TV's, it sounds like you may have a bad LNB, bad SWM switch (if installed), bad ground connection, or bad power to any powered multiswitches.

Since you haven't had a service call yet, Jason is right. You were probably referred to tech support to tech support...and it may be that they're waiting on the local DirecTV installer to set up the appointment. Going straight to escalations isn't going to do anything for you at this time, unless the truck roll doesn't solve the problem.

From what you're describing of your issue, and assuming that when you said it happened on two receivers meant it was also two different TV's, it sounds like you may have a bad LNB, bad SWM switch (if installed), bad ground connection, or bad power to any powered multiswitches.
I hope the tech who shows up is as knowledgeable as you. What exactly is a "truck roll?" Does that simply mean a tech is coming out to my property?

Started a new thread "Does anyone know what this is and cause?" with an attached picture.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)