ESPN 25 years celebration

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
If I have to hear one more time how ESPN kisses their own A... to say that they are in business for 25 years, I am going to watch all their games with the volume muted. Man, Sports was not invented 25 years ago. Get off the 25 ship already, ESPN has been celebrating and patting themselves on the back for two months already!

The queen of england didn't celebrate 50 years as loud as they have with 25.

I wish they'd just get off on it and move on.

TSN in Canada is celebrating their 20th anniversary and here is what I've seen them do

-Their logo in the corner has TSN and a "20" below it
-Every night on Sportscentre, they are doing the "top 100 sports events of the last 20 years"..they're doing one a night

that's it......until I saw the logo, I didnt know they were celebrating 20 yrs :)

I was talking to a friend last night that I have not seen or talked to in 15 plus years. Both him and I worked together before ESPN started.

For those who did not know ESPN started in the public access studio I use to work at and run. The cable company was United Cable Television in Plainville,Connecticut, a that time we had 13 channels on our cable system. ESPN was a sports highlights show, it took so much of the editing time away from everyone else, the GM of the cable company offered to rent them a channel. ESPN was born.

ESPN quickly outgrew the closet United Cable let them use... They then moved to Bristol Connecticut, and purchased the cheapest land they could find. Little did they know what a goldmine that property was, because of its location it was perfect for being a satellite broadcaster.

As me and my friend were talking yesterday we could not believe its been 25 years. Time really does fly. :)

Hah! Soon to be a major motion picture starring Tom Hanks as years 1-15 and Neil Patrick Harris as years 16-25, scheduled for a holidays 2004 release. Soundtrack available on CD and cassette. Expect the Burger King deal to kick off in the coming weeks.

ESPN? What's that?

Worse yet, who can believe we've already had 38 Super Bowls? My Dad and I built an antenna to pull in the first game from a San Dieago station since the Los Angeles area was blacked out. We got the station and it was snowy but we watched it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)