espn audio on DISH

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

attygrober

Original poster
Nov 28, 2004
Oklahoma
It seems as though the sound of the announcers during ESPN telecasts of events, especially basketball games, is almost drowned out by the background/crowd noise. I have a BOSE surround sound system. If I listen on regular audio the announcers voices seem to have priority. Not sure if that makes sense but does anyone else seem to notice the same thing?

It sounds like you may not have adjusted your surround very well. Maybe your rears are set too loud, or maybe your center isn't loud enough.

I have noticed this before on some ESPN broadcasts. My system has been setup properly. I think it is on ESPN's end.

one of the problems with espn is they broadcast in the circle surround format, not DD 5.1. the majority of the receivers do not decode circle surround. my receiver plays espn in dolby prologic 2. the audio is not the best.

thanks for the info...actually i have decided thats its better in plain old stereo and just turn off the surround for the broadcasts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)