ESPN blocked last night

soonerman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
I turned on to ESPN to watch the Rangers/Yankees game and a box came up advising this game has been blocked in my area. I live in OKC so I am not sure why it was blocked. I had been able to watch anything that ESPN offered in the past on cable which included the Rangers. Additionally, it seems that I was able to watch games previously on ESPN in the past on Dish.

I understand regional channels blocking games in the immediate area where the game is being played, but I haven't come across this before. I thought ESPN was a national network. I haven't talked to anyone on Cox Cable to see if they couldn't watch the game either, but I have a feeling they could as I never saw this box on cable before for ESPN.

Any ideas as to why this is going on?

Was it on one of your RSNs? If not, then call E* and tell them that they screwed up. It does happen from time to time.

I turned on to ESPN to watch the Rangers/Yankees game and a box came up advising this game has been blocked in my area. I live in OKC so I am not sure why it was blocked. I had been able to watch anything that ESPN offered in the past on cable which included the Rangers. Additionally, it seems that I was able to watch games previously on ESPN in the past on Dish.

I understand regional channels blocking games in the immediate area where the game is being played, but I haven't come across this before. I thought ESPN was a national network. I haven't talked to anyone on Cox Cable to see if they couldn't watch the game either, but I have a feeling they could as I never saw this box on cable before for ESPN.

Any ideas as to why this is going on?

Looks like the Blackout Rules got you.

FSN Southwest is divided into three broadcasting zones, each representing Texas' three largest television markets, plus their surrounding outer markets:

Dallas-Fort Worth (including northern and central Texas, and most of Oklahoma)
San Antonio (including Austin, El Paso, southern and western Texas, plus parts of eastern New Mexico)
Houston (all of southeastern Texas, plus most of Louisiana; see FSN Houston below).

Sports blackout rules are ridiculous.

Looks like the Blackout Rules got you.

FSN Southwest is divided into three broadcasting zones, each representing Texas' three largest television markets, plus their surrounding outer markets:

Dallas-Fort Worth (including northern and central Texas, and most of Oklahoma)
San Antonio (including Austin, El Paso, southern and western Texas, plus parts of eastern New Mexico)
Houston (all of southeastern Texas, plus most of Louisiana; see FSN Houston below).

Sports blackout rules are ridiculous
GRRRRRRRRRRRR Don't get me started on that bull crap...

Thanks for the info. I didn't even think about looking to Foxsports SW. I just assumed that if it was on ESPN and blocked, there wasn't any other place to watch it. Doesn't sound like I missed much. The Yankees pretty much owned them.

But, now I know to look around a bit more before I just assume I can't watch the game at all.

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)