ESPN Classic ?

sportman13

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 29, 2006
I see ESPN Classic is off Directv will it be back ? I like classic college football will it be on other ESPN platforms ?

sportman13

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 29, 2006
I like classic college football will it be on other ESPN platforms ?

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
I think there was a message on the receivers that it was going to be dropped (or end) in December. The message is gone now though (on my receiver anyway).

SamCdbs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
May 7, 2008
Are the ESPN Classic games on YouTube ?
There are 1000s of old sports events on YouTube, most just uploaded by hobbyists from old VCR tapes. If there are copyright issues nobody has ever tried to enforce it.

That is kind of the point of the death of ESPNC. The internet has made it obsolete. If, for reasons I don’t understand, consider a 25 year old sports event to be compelling programming, it is available.

sportman13

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 29, 2006
ejb1980 dose
Dose ESPN Classic on demand is still there, channel 1614. follow the same Directv ESPN Classic schedule ?

sportman13

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 29, 2006
ejb1890 you said It's on-demand - there is no schedule. Just tune to 1614 and pick games from the menu at the left. is it the full games ?

ejb1980

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 26, 2010
Vermont
ejb1890 you said It's on-demand - there is no schedule. Just tune to 1614 and pick games from the menu at the left. is it the full games ?
Dude, tune to channel 1614 and see. I have never watched it myself so I have no idea. But I checked if it was actually there when you asked about ESPN Classic and the on-demand channel is still there. These are things you can easily check yourself. There are classic games on other on-demand channels, too. Look in the guide in the 1000s for sports channels and explore. There is even old UFC.

There are also re-airs of recent ESPN-family games, in English and Spanish, on the ESPN app. Tune to any ESPN-family channel and wait for the prompt. Press the red button and the menu pops up. Or just use the ESPN app on your TV and all of the classic content is there, including the ESPN classic content. Your Directv credentials will get you everything you can get on TV and more on the app, but it is a separate interface. I am not an app-person, sounds like you aren't either, but we have to accept that things are going there and learn to find things there.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts