ESPN Covers BCS Hearing

the only solution is a play off system with either 4, 8, or 16 teams. i prefer 8. however, i don't see it happening.

korsjs said:
the only solution is a play off system with either 4, 8, or 16 teams. i prefer 8. however, i don't see it happening.

I vote for 16, it would only require 4 weeks, like the month of Dec., get rid of the conference championship games and start the playoffs.

With 16 teams, top teams like 9-10 would not be left out ... let the 16-20 ranked teams cry about who got left out, at least the best teams would all be in.

Jimbo

BTW, lets keep congress out of it, you would think thay would have something better to do

I am for the playoffs too. Everyone's that I have heard argue this is saying then you will still have to choose the 8 teams to make the playoffs. So there is still going to be teams that are pissed off. I guess you are not going to be able to please everyone. There has got to be a better way. I just don't know what it is.

i would rather have the ninth team with 1 to 3 losses pissed than the number three team with zero losses be pissed.

bcs lucked out this year with only two undefeated teams.

if I was Penn State I'd be pissed....#3 playing #22. why couldn't they play #4 or #5 or even #9 WAR EAGLE!

jlhugh said:
I am for the playoffs too. Everyone's that I have heard argue this is saying then you will still have to choose the 8 teams to make the playoffs. So there is still going to be teams that are pissed off. I guess you are not going to be able to please everyone. There has got to be a better way. I just don't know what it is.

I still would like to go top 16, originally the football polls were set up for the Top 20 then got expanded to what we have now.

I would rather have the # 17-18 teams trying to scream about being left out, you probably would not get to much of an arguement that way, seeing they really arn't deserving to be a TOP team anyway.

Jimbo

rkr0923 said:
if I was Penn State I'd be pissed....#3 playing #22. why couldn't they play #4 or #5 or even #9 WAR EAGLE!

That blows me away. FSU was not even ranked until they beat VT. Then they get a BCS bowl game at #22. Now that is enough to piss a higher ranked team off.

jlhugh said:
That blows me away. FSU was not even ranked until they beat VT. Then they get a BCS bowl game at #22. Now that is enough to piss a higher ranked team off.

Ya , it is quite a dissapointment , that they are playing such a low ranked team, but that is how the BCS is set up, you win your conference and get an automatic bid.

PSU just has to make sure they don't slip up and take them lightly, and lose tha game.

Keep in mind FSU has a good team, not as good as the Top teams, but they just beat Va Tech, to get there, had Va Tech taken care of business it would have been PSU and Va Tech .... much better game in my opinion.

Jimbo

fsu also beat miami. the had a bad loss streak of three games that screwed them. if they would have beat the sorry teams, they might be playing for the championship.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)