ESPN Deportes and Dominican Winter League reach agreement

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
New York, NY--(HISPANIC PR WIRE - BUSINESS WIRE)--November 17, 2004--The Dominican Baseball League, the Caribbean's most storied winter baseball league and a forum for current and future major league stars to sharpen their skills, has a new television home in the U.S. on ESPN Deportes.

Today, ESPN Deportes and the Dominican Baseball League announced a new multi-year agreement that grants ESPN Deportes the exclusive telecast rights in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to the entire schedule of regular season games, plus playoffs and the final championship series.

In addition, pitching legend Juan Marichal, the only Dominican- born player in the Hall of Fame, has been signed to provide commentary and analysis on ESPN Deportes telecasts. Joining Marichal for play-by-play will be veteran Dominican League and Major League Baseball announcers Kevin Cabral and Carlos Jose Lugo. Rounding out the broadcast team is Carolina Cruz, who brings a passion for baseball and sharp interviewing skills to her role as a field reporter.

Source

Funny you should post this Sean. I just got back a few hours ago from a week in the Dominican Republic and the Hotel I was staying in had Dishnetwork and I watched Deportes most of the time.

I was at the Barcelo Beach Resort in Punta Cana. That's on the Northeast portion of the island. Very few Americans there, mostly Latin and Europeans staying there. It was unbelievable how poor the areas surrounding the resort are.

Never been in that part of the Island (although is my native island). But I know about the social conditions you speak of.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts