ESPN Gameplan 2008

dmj_rolltide

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
I purchased the full season of Gameplan because I love college football. I hope everything goes smoothly, because I used to be with Charter and I had a bad experience last year. It was their first year carrying gameplan here in Georgia. Several of the games didn't even come on the opening weekend, so I called and cancelled the package and got all my money refunded.

I know DISH has carried Gameplan here for quite a while now, so I expect the games to come on like they should. The guide at this point has not updated to show what games will be televised this Saturday. The CSR said it should be reflected in the guide by Friday or Saturday morning.

Any one out there that has purchased Gameplan in the past with DISH had any problems, such as game not coming on? Please let me know. Your input will be welcomed by me and possibly others.

Purchased it the past few years to get the Big 10 games since I live in Texas. Never had any problems other than the picture quality can be poor at times. Since the Big 10 has their own network now and the games are no longer on the ESPN package, I canceled.

I don't ever remember any games not being available. Satellite will have more channels available than cable for this type of package. So they aren't very likely to drop any games. DISH doesn't assign the channel number for games until about friday. Why they wait that long is a mystery to me? I would think the earlier they appear would make for advertising to buy that weeks games and may possibly result in more sales.

Well, get ready to get pissed off! The Georgia - Georgia Southern game will be blacked out for folks who live in the state of Georgia. CSS has the rights to this game via PPV. If you have Cox, Comcast or Charter cable tv service, you can order it via PPV. There is a slim chance you could order the game through ESPN 360.com but I think the only way you can do that is if you have your high speed internet through AT&T.

I will be so glad when ESPN will own the rights to all SEC games next year instead of dealing with this local blackout BS!

I purchased the full season of Gameplan because I love college football. I hope everything goes smoothly, because I used to be with Charter and I had a bad experience last year. It was their first year carrying gameplan here in Georgia. Several of the games didn't even come on the opening weekend, so I called and cancelled the package and got all my money refunded.

I know DISH has carried Gameplan here for quite a while now, so I expect the games to come on like they should. The guide at this point has not updated to show what games will be televised this Saturday. The CSR said it should be reflected in the guide by Friday or Saturday morning.

Any one out there that has purchased Gameplan in the past with DISH had any problems, such as game not coming on? Please let me know. Your input will be welcomed by me and possibly others.

I remember the first year I ordered ESPN Gameplan via cable around 1998. It was terrible, they didn't turn it on the first weekend and it was on and off for several weekends. They never got it right that year. I swapped cable boxes one year and that was disasterous for Gameplan too.

The following years the must of just got tired of the complaints. They opened things wide open for sport pakcage subscribers because I had ordered Gameplan and ended up with it along with MLS Direct Kick and the NBA Pass for whatever reason. Other folks that I knew had the same thing happen to them. I guess it was easier back then to do that then actually figure out the issues they had.

When I went over to Dish in 2005 I ordered Gameplan and it worked as planned. You will get all of the games listed....BUT...the only thing that will get you are BLACKOUTS. That's not Dish's fault as they will be following the rules by blacking out certain games at certain times. Sometimes you get lucky with a good blackout game and catch the end of it because it's gone over its time allotment.

Dish does a good job with Gameplan. Some of the games are too compressed for my liking but I think it has gotten better. Also, I think some of the over compression is on ESPN's end and not strictly Dish.

With that said I cancelled Gameplan. I just got a HDTV and HD service recently and enjoy football too much in HD already. If Gameplan goes HD in the future I might pick it up again.

ESPN360.com is free if you have BellSouth/ATT DSL . No ordering or fee required. There should be other providers as well . I had GamePlan last year and was very disappointed. Most good games were already free and in state PPV games were blocked out even if not actually available here. Very happy ATT finally put Bellsouth customers on ESPN360 last December. Seems to have more college games (for basketball as well as football) than gameplan and fullcourt, and other sports as well. Just hook your laptop to a TV if you have a decent VGA card in the laptop.

9/6/08 games

now i know the guide info has not been loaded yet for saturdays game but i think dish might need to activate another channel because only 454,459(most of the day),465,466 are blank and time frame fits for the games
this is the schedule
Georgia Tech at Boston College 12:00 pm
Southern Mississippi at Auburn 12:30 pm
Cincinnati at Oklahoma 3:30 pm
Mississippi at Wake Forest 3:30 pm
Tennessee Tech at Louisville 3:30 pm
Buffalo at Pittsburgh 6:00 pm
Tulane at Alabama 7:00 pm
Weber State at Hawaii 11:59 pm

I called this morning to try to order GP for this weekend and was told that they don't offer individual weekends anymore. They said I could either buy the entire season, or order the single game I wanted for $30 (Bama vs. Tulane). I live in Georgia, so I shouldn't be able to get the Bama/Tulane PPV, I should be able to get it on GP.

Is this right? Do they not do the individual weekend for like $22 option anymore? Or did I just get bad information from the CSR?

I called this morning to try to order GP for this weekend and was told that they don't offer individual weekends anymore. They said I could either buy the entire season, or order the single game I wanted for $30 (Bama vs. Tulane). I live in Georgia, so I shouldn't be able to get the Bama/Tulane PPV, I should be able to get it on GP.

Is this right? Do they not do the individual weekend for like $22 option anymore? Or did I just get bad information from the CSR?
The ESPN website still lists a weekly cost of $21.95.

ESPN - GamePlan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts