ESPN HD Horizontal Flickers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ckudrna

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 28, 2004
Tempe, AZ
On some cameras on ESPN HD, I see horizontal lines flicker on the screen. I have phoned a few friends around the country to check it out to make sure it is not my set, it happens on their ESPN HD as well.

It is not all the time, but is select cameras. For instance on camera on the Texas / Ark game right now will be great, then another will have these horizontal flickers. I first noticed it last night on sports center and thought it was my TV so i was pissed.

What piece of equipment could ESPN HD have busted that is causing these flickers from select cameras?

Me Too

I have the same flickers today. Very noticeable during the morning SportsCenter and NFL Pregame shows. I noticed audio sync problems also. Anyone else experiencing these problems? Espn can't seem to do HD right. :mad:

ckudrna said:
On some cameras on ESPN HD, I see horizontal lines flicker on the screen. I have phoned a few friends around the country to check it out to make sure it is not my set, it happens on their ESPN HD as well.

It is not all the time, but is select cameras. For instance on camera on the Texas / Ark game right now will be great, then another will have these horizontal flickers. I first noticed it last night on sports center and thought it was my TV so i was pissed.

What piece of equipment could ESPN HD have busted that is causing these flickers from select cameras?
Mine has been perfect all day long so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is most certainly there, especially on ESPN. you can see it on some action from the broncos / chiefs game as well.

I also saw this on a couple other HD stations last night, making me think it is an issue with Directv, not ESPN or Discovery. I wonder if anyone at Directv knows of this issue.

It is certainly an issue that needs to be cleared up right away. If you look closely you will notice it.

I got Denver for -3.0 tonight as well as the over on the 48.5. Lets hope the flickers can keep Den over 3.

Anyone got any action?

ckudrna said:
It is most certainly there, especially on ESPN. you can see it on some action from the broncos / chiefs game as well.

I also saw this on a couple other HD stations last night, making me think it is an issue with Directv, not ESPN or Discovery. I wonder if anyone at Directv knows of this issue.

It is certainly an issue that needs to be cleared up right away. If you look closely you will notice it.

I got KC for +3.0 tonight as well as the over on the 48.5. Lets hope the flickers can keep KC within 2.

Anyone got any action?

No action but I got the same flickering. Really noticible on NFL Primetime.

I will be curious as to other members sightings of horizontal flicker on other channels. I think this will confirm that it is a directv problem and an issue with directv equipment not ESPN or Discov.

If they do not get it cleared up by next weekend i think it is time to start calling and complaining. Once I noticed it i have been bothered ever since. I am glad to hear it really is a widespread problem and not isolated to just the people i talked to.

The 48.5 over is looking promising as long as this scoring keeps up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)