ESPN HD Problems

lsh1885

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 6, 2004
Orlando, Florida
ESPN HD breaking up real bad and a severely digitized signal. Does anyone else have any problems with this channel today? As far as I can tell I don't see it on any other channels. After further evaluation I'm also having the same problem with TNT HD. All the others appear OK, if the problems persist tomorrow I will call Brighthouse and put in a request for a service call.

Last edited:
lsh1885 said:
ESPN HD breaking up real bad and a severely digitized signal. Does anyone else have any problems with this channel today? As far as I can tell I don't see it on any other channels. After further evaluation I'm also having the same problem with TNT HD. All the others appear OK, if the problems persist tomorrow I will call Brighthouse and put in a request for a service call.

Are you in Orlando or Tampa?

Actually, it would help to know which "system" you really in, i.e., BHN in Tampabay has one system that services Hillsborough and Polk and another that takes care of Pinellas and Manatee. They are both fed from NOC in Brandon but can exhibit different problems.

The only problem I have seen in past 48 hours was cablecard in Pinellas lost provisioning twice today. It's a problem that used to happen once a month over the first weekend of the month. They thought they had it solved as it did not happen in December but happened twice today.

I must say that I seldom view ESPNHD as it so seldom has HD programming, so I probably would not catch it if it did happen.

korsjs said:
espnhd has been good for me. my bad one is cbshd. it has a crackling sound in the audio.
I have notice that WTSP is loosing the signal on the CBS HD Satellite feed and getting the famous Harris IRD "Loss of Input Signal" at least once a night now. This was more common over the Summer but it appears to be back in force.

I am in Orlando. Bright House came out yesterday and made some adjustment and it has been working since. The problem here is there is such a long cable run between where the box is in front of the house and where I am at they had to install an amplifier in the original installation. Maybe this problem is related to that I don't know.

i've noticed that i'm tempoarily losing a signal on espnhd. hadn't thought about the amplifier. although, i moved next door and the cable run isn't as long, i may need to call them about this.

If you have any problems like that ongoing, you should always call to make a service call, because for one there free (unlike many sat companies) and uselly if it happens all the time its not a sytem wide problem. You should allow for some minor pixelation very seldomly just because the nature of the beast but if its happening for many seconds at atime off and on then there is most likely a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts