espn hd quality

the TV is an Olevia 323v and it is 23". Dish ViP211 is hooked up via HDMI and is set to 16x9 and 720p in the HDTV Settings. Could the problem be I sit a little close? Even when I back up though, it is still a little visible. However, I do sit close to the screen.

ESPN its always going to vary from game to game... Due to sometimes they take better hardware to certain events than others. This is easy to tell sometimes due to when they change camera views some look better than others.. I think once they get all of the same type of hardware or cameras at all of the events it will be better. But for now it seems like it just depends on what they are using that particular day. I think I read some where that they were post to be getting more HD Trucks or something. So hopefully overtime they will get more consent on things.. Anyway thats my 2 cents.. :)

Makes little or NO difference on most HDTVs.
And I trust optical digital over hdmi for audio.

fred

WHile I have heard this from several people my dad has just an 42" insignia LCD and there is a world of difference betweent he component cables installed by DIsh and the HDMI i gave him.

WHile I have heard this from several people my dad has just an 42" insignia LCD and there is a world of difference betweent he component cables installed by DIsh and the HDMI i gave him.
HDMI really makes the colors come out. On my 2 other HDTVs hooked up via component, you can't see the colors as well. Its a shame really

Just so we're on the same page, you are talking component cables (red-blue-green), and not composite (yellow video, red-white audio)? Composite would clearly not look good. Component should not look worse than HDMI.

oh my god...this equipment TNT is using for the orlando game is HORRID. or is it just me once again seeing this?

Why can't the NBA have good playoff picture quality? I'm betting the NBA TV picture will be better than ESPN or TNT. The NCAA tournament video puts the NBA playoff video to shame.:(

Yep, they're using the bargain basement equipment.
just making sure it wasn't me. i see some color distortions to at times. its kinda sad. but then again, it is low market orlando playing. Boston game tonight should have top of the line cameras

Maybe I just don't watch near enough HD basketball, but I flipped through some of those games yesterday, and I'm on the Orlando game, and I think they all look pretty good. For the record, I think ESPN has some good quality for most of the things they do.

Maybe I just don't watch near enough HD basketball, but I flipped through some of those games yesterday, and I'm on the Orlando game, and I think they all look pretty good. For the record, I think ESPN has some good quality for most of the things they do.
look closely at the game. it looks TERRIBLE

I sit about 12 feet away from my TV. Things look pretty good from this distance. When I get up close, things look a little fuzzier, but I have said many times that I can tell the difference between SD and HD, but you put 720p or 1080i up there and I can't tell. It all looks pretty dang good to me.

What some people fail to realize is it also depends on the camera they are using. ESPN and 2 are pretty sketchy during college football. The 3pm game can be horrible, but the 7pm can have outstanding PQ, all about the camera. CBS is one of the few that generally shows top notch sports feeds. Fox is pretty good too. I just think that ESPN needs to obtain more consitent hd cameras. BTW, Ive noticed this from Comcast(2 cities) to Directv and to Dish.

I sit about 12 feet away from my TV. Things look pretty good from this distance. When I get up close, things look a little fuzzier, but I have said many times that I can tell the difference between SD and HD, but you put 720p or 1080i up there and I can't tell. It all looks pretty dang good to me.

12ft from what size screen?

If I sit 13-14ft (rather than my normal 10ft or so) on my 57" screen then things look quite a bit better, but I shouldn't have to sit that far from an HD picture.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)