ESPN News HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ipodbill

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 30, 2005
missouri
This morning listening to ESPN News, they announced going live with ESPN News HD on March 30th. Wonder if D will pick it up.

Yep we announced this as a strong rumor on the podcast a couple of weeks ago, D* should be picking up the whole Disney channel series. I know it was DinseyHD, Toon Disney HD, and ESPN News HD as well as others. There is a lot of HD coming! :) Make sure you are are listening as you will find out allot of info that you wont see necessarily posted :)

What about ESPNU? They are still sd only.
*Warning: Selfish statement alert*

Yeah well I don't get ESPNU so to me my ESPN world is complete with ESPNNEWS.

*End of selfish statement*

As far as the other person mentioning MPEG4 being the completion, yeah that would be nice as well. Just ANYTHING to fix the PQ of the ESPN stations. Hell even guys at ESPN don't like the way the station looks on D* (ok... at the very least ONE person.. but I trust his opinion since we both loved the Red Zone Channel. :- P )

espnu will go hd with the first thursday night game of the college football season in late august. that was already announced.

espnu will go hd with the first thursday night game of the college football season in late august. that was already announced.
Too bad that doesn't correspond with the date that ESPNU is added to the Choice Xtra package (Which as of now is NEVER.) ;p

You wold think that ESPN U would be included in the packages that already get ESPN programming.... instead of needing another package, particularly seeing there normally only low budget games anyways.

Jimbo

The irony here - we get ESPN News in MPG4 and we still get kicked in the nuts with the lousy quality of ESPN in MPG2. At least the highlights will look good.

As far as ESPN employees - that is a correct statement. I know many people that work there since I don't live too far away - and they all say the DTV's ESPN quality is awful.

Other then this 1 channel (well TNT - but I never watch that channel) - there HD is far superior then what I had with Comcast.

The irony here - we get ESPN News in MPG4 and we still get kicked in the nuts with the lousy quality of ESPN in MPG2. At least the highlights will look good.

As far as ESPN employees - that is a correct statement. I know many people that work there since I don't live too far away - and they all say the DTV's ESPN quality is awful.

Other then this 1 channel (well TNT - but I never watch that channel) - there HD is far superior then what I had with Comcast.

Patience my friend,
I have a feeling the ESPN's will be changed over once the next sat. gets up and operational.

Jimbo

The odd thing is that I have seen good MPEG2 HD on DirecTV; so I really think that ESPN is contributing in some small way to the issue; be it at the camera, truck/production or engineering level as it relates to what they send.

The odd thing is that I have seen good MPEG2 HD on DirecTV; so I really think that ESPN is contributing in some small way to the issue; be it at the camera, truck/production or engineering level as it relates to what they send.

With as much that they have moved to mpeg4, you would think they would have enough bandwidth now available to make the ESPN's really sharp ... that said, I'm not sure that alot of mpeg2 has been freed up due to the fact that the SD channels are still being broadcasted.

Jimbo

With as much that they have moved to mpeg4, you would think they would have enough bandwidth now available to make the ESPN's really sharp ... that said, I'm not sure that alot of mpeg2 has been freed up due to the fact that the SD channels are still being broadcasted.

Jimbo
They havent really moved anything off of the old sats though have they? All of the older channels are still in mpeg 2 and still being broadcast so the bandwidth squeeze on those should still be in effect for a little longer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts