ESPN Video Apps Now Streaming to Google Chromecast

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Todd Spangler

ESPN has updated the WatchESPN video-streaming apps for Android and Apple’s iOS to connect to Google’s Chromecast HDTV adapter, but you’ll still need a pay-TV subscription to watch live sports.

In addition, ABC’s Watch ABC and video apps for Disney’s cable networks including Disney Channel will be coming soon to the $35 Chromecast, Google and Disney & ESPN Media Networks announced. Those also require pay-TV logins to watch most content.

For ESPN, the Chromecast deal marks the sixth connected-TV device platform supported by WatchESPN, including Microsoft’s Xbox 360 and Xbox One, Apple TV, Roku and Amazon’s Fire TV. Users must download an updated version of the WatchESPN app before they can cast live or on-demand clips to the Chromecast.

To access live games via WatchESPN — including all 64 matches of the 2014 FIFA World Cup, which kicks off June 12 – users must subscribe to ESPN’s linear TV networks as part of their video subscription from a participating provider.

DirecTV is currently the biggest pay-TV operator that does not offer WatchESPN. The service, launched in April 2011, is available in about 67.5 million U.S. households through Comcast, Dish Network, Time Warner Cable, AT&T U-verse TV, Bright House Networks, Cablevision, Charter, Cox, Dish Network, Google Fiber, Midcontinent Communications, NRTC and Verizon FiOS TV.

variety.com

It makes it a more attractive option for sure. My remaining gripe is personal preference I am sure, but I like having an actual remote. With no voice option, it just takes too long to grab the phone, wake it up, find the app, press pause, ect.

Some prefer it that way though.

This is an issue I have with ISP's. I pay for Roadrunner turbo with TWC but I don't have their programming service (I use OTA only). So all these apps aren't available to me, blocked. I have no plans to pay TWC for their programming.

This is an issue I have with ISP's. I pay for Roadrunner turbo with TWC but I don't have their programming service (I use OTA only). So all these apps aren't available to me, blocked. I have no plans to pay TWC for their programming.

I finally gave in and got a bundle with TWC. They run specials and adding TV was pretty reasonable since I already had cable internet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts