Espn2 Hd

Harrelson 69

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 10, 2005
Any chance that Cablevision would add this channel before tomorrow nights Mets/Cardinals opening night game?

99.999% no... they are in a little tussle on whether to bring it or not (i read it a while ago)... although i must say i hope they bring it soon....

Any chance that Cablevision would add this channel before tomorrow nights Mets/Cardinals opening night game?

not a chance
espn does this every opening night (airing game on espn2)
gets a lot of fans in a tizzy. trys to get the remaining cable companies to add the channel

much to the surprise of bhn customers in the orlando and tampa markets, this was added saturday evening.....so, i suppose it could pop up on cablevision.

The main reason I want this channel in HD is that the SD ESPN2 is awful on my HDTV. All dark and mushy looking. ESPN Classic, ESPNEWs all look much better in quality. don't know why the quality is so poor for the SD ESPN and ESPN2. I don't know why CV hasn't added this channel.

ESPN does it because the Women's Final Four gets better ratings then baseball.

I was surprised to hear the ratings on for sunday. ESPN women's final four had like a 2.2 rating and the MLB game on ESPN2 had a 2.3 rating. According to what I heard (do not quote me on this) they used the same amount of household for both ESPN & ESPN2.

Mike and the Mad Dog speculated that the reason the Met game was on the deuce was because the NCAA forced ESPN to carry the championship game on the main chanel. The NCAA and ESPN have an agreement to allow ESPN to brodcast most of the Men's conference tourney's and in exchange wanted top billing for the girls game.

As a Met fan I was pretty bummed out, but I think every other Sunday Night Game will be on ESPNHD until football starts. Hopefully by then Cablevision will have ESPN2HD, but I am not holding my breath.

Mike and the Mad Dog speculated that the reason the Met game was on the deuce was because the NCAA forced ESPN to carry the championship game on the main chanel. The NCAA and ESPN have an agreement to allow ESPN to brodcast most of the Men's conference tourney's and in exchange wanted top billing for the girls game .

ESPN showing men's conference tournament games has no bearing on the contract with the NCAA for the Women's tournament. ESPN's contracts to show the conferences are with each individual conference not the NCAA. BTW, the most watched college basketball game on ESPN, men or women, was the UCONN Tennessee Womens Final a few years ago.

As a Met fan I was pretty bummed out, but I think every other Sunday Night Game will be on ESPNHD until football starts. Hopefully by then Cablevision will have ESPN2HD, but I am not holding my breath.

Since ESPN no longer shows Sunday night football, the rest of the Sunday night baseball games will be on ESPN.

WOW, it looks like RemyM has all the answers, right or wrong! We should just address all questions to him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts