ESPN2HD and UniversalHD coming...

kenny911

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 4, 2004
Michigan
To comcast. Their is a sticky about it at avsforum. The problem is that it depends on region bandwidth so if your city doesn't have the bandwidth you will have to wait longer.

I think I heard UHD was coming around the same time TNTHD was coming. We got TNT, still waiting on UHD.

I'll believe it when I see it. Too many promises from everyone about new HD channels. Comcast is going to get UHD and ESPN2, E* is going to get 21 Voom channels (last year), D* is going to provide new national HD channels (next year), FIOSTV is going to provide NGHD and VoomHD channels (real soon now). Pffft, I'm sick of it.

-John

UHD just showed up today on Comcast here in Utah, channel 670. No sign of ESPN2HD or MTVHD, If comcast adds these I will probably not get Dish or Directv.

thechad708 said:
UHD just showed up today on Comcast here in Utah, channel 670. No sign of ESPN2HD or MTVHD, If comcast adds these I will probably not get Dish or Directv.

They are about to add ESPN2 but no one offers MTV-HD yet, and remember that D* and E* do not have Starz-HD and Max-HD or any of your local sports in HD.

D* only offers HBO, Showtime, Universal, both ESPNs, 2 HD-Nets, Discovery all in HD-Lite.
E* offers HBO, Showtime, Universal, both ESPNs, 2 HD-Nets, Discovery, TNT-HD, they also have the Voom channels, but in HD-Lite and a lot of reruns.

Remember, no HD locals on D* and E*.

We got UHD today but we lost InHD2. But we still have the InHD special events channel with nothing but a InHD logo graphic and music on it.

I'm not holding my breath for UHD and ESPN2 here in Pine Hill, New Jersey... I can see Philly out my window, but still haven't gotten TNT-HD yet even though my friends across the river have had it for months.

It's pretty funny, though, because Comcast is runninig an anti-Verizon ad campaign saying that "a big phone company wants to get special treatment from the politicians in Trenton for a new video service, but they don't even know where South Jersey is..." Sounds like someone's calling the kettle black, eh?

I am up at college and I just got off the phone with my Dad and he says that they replaced INHD2 with Universal HD. I am in Manahawkin, NJ. I guess no more Rangers, Yankees, and Knicks games in HD. Stupid bandwidth.

NYRANGERS said:
I am up at college and I just got off the phone with my Dad and he says that they replaced INHD2 with Universal HD. I am in Manahawkin, NJ. I guess no more Rangers, Yankees, and Knicks games in HD. Stupid bandwidth.

The INHD2-UHD switch is temporary, only during the Olympics.

NYRANGERS said:
So after the olympics will it move to channel 208 and INHD2 come back to channel 207.

No, INHD2 will will return to channel 207 and UHD will go away, unless, that is, Comcast and UHD come to an agreement. They don't have a contract yet, but it is close.

:clap UHD is up and running here in N. Ridgeville, Ohio. Also a moving test pattern for FSNHD. While watching a Cavs game last night they were promoing some upcoming Cavs games to be in HD. Total surprise here. Don't know if there are any plans for HD beyond that. Kudos to Comcast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)