dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
December 28, 2006
ESPN's 'Monday Night Football' Sets Viewership Record

By Jon Lafayette
ESPN's first season of "Monday Night Football" ranks as the most-watched series in cable television history, the network said.
<SCRIPT language=JavaScript>OAS_AD("Middle1");</SCRIPT>
The 17-game season averaged 9.1 million households and 12.3 million total viewers and represented the 17 largest household audiences for cable TV in 2006, according to figures released Thursday.

The Dallas-New York Giant game on Oct. 23, is the highest-rated cablecast ever.

The "MNF" content on ESPN's Web site contributed to a 52 percent increase in traffic to the site on Mondays.

"ESPN's 'Monday Night Football' greatly exceeded all expectations," said George Bodenheimer, president, ESPN and ABC Sports. "Our commitment to present MNF as never before served our fans and lifted every aspect of ESPN's business. Credit goes to the hundreds of employees who made it work week after week."

SOURCE tvweek.com

How did that happen. MNF on Espn is a total joke! I cannot stand Korn-holio and Theisman! They seem to be more interested in promoting thier crappy movies with all their constant interviews, and multiple sideline reporters who are completely annoying (especially Suzy Kolber).

sure, i wouldn't mind mike, mike, and paul. theismann has to go and so does kornheiser!! i like tony. but he seemed very out of place doing MNF!!

but i have a better idea........bring suzy to the booth. she knows football like the back of her hand, she has an engaging personality and she's nice on the eyes!!!

ETA: how can you say she's annoying?

How did that happen. MNF on Espn is a total joke! I cannot stand Korn-holio and Theisman! They seem to be more interested in promoting thier crappy movies with all their constant interviews, and multiple sideline reporters who are completely annoying (especially Suzy Kolber).

Suzy is definetly not annoying and she does know her football. That's why she has been there for so long.

yeah, there are fellow suzy fans here........ice is doing the happy dance.

and i agree, kornheiser is great on PTI but so out of place on monday night football.

my MNF team: tirco, mike patrick and suzy!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts