ESPNU Now Available

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
As we first reported here at SatelliteGuys.US, ESPN U will be coming to Dish Network.

We have just learned that ESPN-U will launch THIS AFTEROON on Channel 148 as part of the AT180 Package.

Programming Description

ESPNU, a 24-hour college sports network will feature event programming, highlighted by approximately 300 live events (regular-season and championships). Action will include a variety of top Division I football and men's and women's basketball mixed with baseball, softball, volleyball, lacrosse, hockey, wrestling and more. ESPNU will also offer comprehensive studio programming, replays of ABC Sports, ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPN Regional Television games, plus specials and more.

Channel: ESPNU – 148
Satellite: 110

Well that stinks!! Why is it always the 180 nothing for the 120!! Heck they add NFL Network which stinks they have no game on plus not a big NFL Fan. I like more college sports and it seems they always add more to 180 just another way to get more money from folks. Then next year everyone going to half to pay more to get HD! Just a joke they never can give a little always got to take. They need to free up some of these foreign channels and get rid of some of the music channels those are the biggest waste of space not counting all of the shopping channels.Funny thing is that all of the other ESPN's are on the 120 but they are going to put U on 180. Dont make sense oh well.

I have not received this yet, but it was posted to WASH's website at http://www.whas11.com/topstories/stories/WHAS11_UOFLSPORTS_dishespnu.b95d0bf3.html

DISH Network adds ESPN-U

[size=+1]DISH NETWORK adds espnu Channel in time for Louisville vs. South Florida college football game [/size]

[size=-1]12:50 PM EDT on Thursday, September 22, 2005 [/size]

EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) announced that its DISH Network(tm) satellite TV service now broadcasts the ESPNU channel. ESPNU, a college sports network, will be available for DISH Network subscribers in time for kickoff of the University of Louisville vs. University of South Florida football game.
Through the end of this year, ESPNU will feature more than 300 live college sports events such as men's and women's basketball and ice hockey. ESPNU is located on DISH Network channel 148, available to customers who subscribe to America's Top 180 package or above for $52.99 per month.

For more information on DISH Network, visit www.dishnetwork.com, call 1-800/333-DISH (3474), or contact a local DISH Network retailer.

WHEN: Louisville vs. South Florida

Saturday, Sept. 24 6:45 p.m. ET

DISH Network Channel 148

Smokin!!! This is cool for the college sports fans! E* is slowly chopping away at the requested channels list.

Its days like this that reaffirms why I have AT180.

Is there going to be a free-view for AT120 users???

I just heard from Steve Caulk at Dish Network. I should have the official press release in a few moments. :)

In fact at typing this it arrived!
Sept. 22, 2005

720/514-5351

press@echostar.com

DISH NETWORK adds espnu Channel in time for

louisville vs. south florida college football game

WHAT: EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) announced that its

DISH Network™ satellite TV service now broadcasts the ESPNU channel. ESPNU, a college sports network, will be available for DISH Network subscribers in time for kickoff of the University of Louisville vs. University of South Florida football game.

Through the end of this year, ESPNU will feature more than 300 live college sports events such as men’s and women’s basketball and ice hockey. ESPNU is located on DISH Network channel 148, available to customers who subscribe to America’s Top 180 package or above for $52.99 per month.

For more information on DISH Network, visit www.dishnetwork.com, call 1-800/333-DISH (3474), or contact a local DISH Network retailer.

WHEN: Louisville vs. South Florida

Saturday, Sept. 24

6:45 p.m. ET

DISH Network Channel 148

WHO: EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) serves more than 11.4 million satellite TV customers through its DISH NetworkÔ, the fastest growing U.S. provider of advanced digital television services in the last five years. DISH Network offers hundreds of video and audio channels, Interactive TV, HDTV, sports and international programming, together with professional installation and 24-hour customer service. Visit EchoStar's DISH Network at www.dishnetwork.com or call 1-800-333-DISH (3474).

That game is on Saturday looks like.. so maybe if they don't put the channel up today, they can always do it say tomorrow or something like that ... (just in time for that Saturday's game i mean) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)