ESPNWatch?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Indy Racer

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2010
St Louis
Apologies if this has been addressed, did a quick search but didn't find any results.

Have recently got an iPad and love being able to utilize the HBOGo, MaxGo and DirecTV apps. I figured there are other networks that over similar services. Anyone have any insight if ESPN might make their ESPNWatch app available to DirecTV subscribers anytime soon?

Its all based on who your ISP is and if they subscribe to the ESPN services...

For example, I have COX Cable as my internet provider (but do not have cable TV service) but I can watch the online ESPN service such as ESPN3 beause COX subscribes to the ESPN online services.

Watchespn.com and espn3.com are two separate services Scott. Information About WatchESPN Espn3.com is widely carried while watchespn.com is only offered to TWC, Bright House, and Verizon FiOS customers. It is kind of like HBO Go where you have to be subscribed to a TV package that carries ESPN.

It requires your TV provider subscription user name and password so Directv and Dish probalby could offer it to their customers if they wanted to pay for it. I don't think it would have to depend on your ISP.

ESPN3.com carries a lot of individual events. Many of the ESPNU games aren't available on ESPN3.com live. They are available on Demand after they are over.

Watch ESPN carries all of the actual ESPN Networks except for ESPN Classic including ESPN buzzer beater and ESPN Goal Line (the college football version of RedZone). This means you get other shows on ESPN like Baseball tonight and SportsCenter or whatever happens to be on the channels. This service isn't just for live events, it's for the actual channels. You also get the ESPNU games that aren't available with ESPN3.com.

Watch ESPN also has apps for watching on smartphones and tablets. I don't think ESPN3.com does.

Last edited:
If you have a friend with TWC, BH, Fios, you can use their login at your house. That's what I do and it has never failed. Legal? Who knows.

ejb1980 said:
If you have a friend with TWC, BH, Fios, you can use their login at your house. That's what I do and it has never failed. Legal? Who knows.

I do the same thing. Works great :)

ejb1980 said:

I would but I don't think those providers are offered anywhere in my state so I don't know anyone with them.

I did link my home Internet connection that does offer espn3 to my espn.com account though. This lets me get espn3 by logging in to espn.com on any ISP.

BH is here in Livonia, Novi, Northville, Redford, and Farmington Hills. If you know someone in that area that has BH, you could ask. (Don't ask me though. I haven't been with BH since 2004.)

hmm... I'm from the Flint area but I do know people there. For some reason I thought Michigan was all Comcast and Charter.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)