Ethernet cable?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Greysquirrel

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
I'm thinking of going to Dish after July 31st if the replay servers go down and there is no way to get the EPG after that date.
I was looking on the Dish site and when it shows the rear of the 722k it has an Ethernet input, in the notes it says for future use. Is there no use for it at present?
I ask because if there is I will have to buy a router and run a cable from my living room through the basement to where my computer is. Not a big job but if I don't have to spend the money and time that would be even better.
I thought it might be for updating firmware and downloading movies from Blockbuster in the future as Dish now owns them but it is obvious that I know nothing about how dish works.

Yes there is a functional Ethernet port on the 722K. You can use it for Video On Demand and for the Sling Adapter which is now free. Dish also offers a wireless adapter to connect your receiver to the internet.

OK, how do you get the sling adapter for free? When I am on the Dish site and add it to my package it adds $99 to my summery. Or is it just the service that is free?

There is also a wifi Netgear usb adapter that you can use instead of ethernet. Just get a powered usb hub abd you can connect the the sling, wifi and an ehd to the back usb port through the hub.

Thanks for all the replies, Guys, if I have more questions I know where to get the answers.

isaacmorseMI said:
Yes there is a functional Ethernet port on the 722K. You can use it for Video On Demand and for the Sling Adapter which is now free. Dish also offers a wireless adapter to connect your receiver to the internet.

Sling adapter uses the USB port, not the Ethernet port. The older slingboxes used Ethernet.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

dwarren2 said:
I'm using a 7 port that I got at BJ's Wholesale Club. I think it's a Belkin. I'm on vacation and using my sling to watch TV off of my dvr.

That is cool. I'll have to look into that in the future. Hopefully, this will work. Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)