Ethernet (network) pass through on H3?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If the second Ethernet port on the Hopper 3 is a pure pass thru, I don't see why the WAP would not work if the Cat5 cable is plugged direct into the router instead of the Hopper. What do you think JSheridan? I guess I just need to try it out sometime.

The WAP creates a completely separate network just for the Wireless Joeys. It should not be connected to your home network router at all. AFAIK the WAP should always be plugged into the back of the Hopper. Hope that helps. :)

Reactions: Bobby
Bridging is enabled. After checking, tried again. No pass through, either port.
I'm just spitballing here, is your HWS connected wirelessly to the internet? What would happen if you disabled your wireless connection &, if you were able, connected your HWS to your router by ethernet cable, then enable bridging to see if you can pass through internet connection from your 2nd ethernet connection. Don't do anything that would screw up your HWS though.

It has to pass through because that is how the wireless joey gets its internet connection.

It has to pass through because that is how the wireless joey gets its internet connection.

I return with a little egg on my face. When I first tried the test, I just replaced connections without rebooting Hopper, Router or mobile device. After doing all the above, Success! It DOES pass though (HWS for those just joining). So there you go, you were right!!!

The only disadvantage is, if the Hopper goes down, so does the net. So, I'm keeping the HIC connection.

Thank you for trying. I'll keep my switch feeding a few devices. Each HWS has a direct connection to the router, though. No need for that for TV, disc players, etc.

I just did it with my 2 HWS boxes. The "primary" is hard wired to my network, and using my links us dd-wrt router (as an access point) on the bottom port, am able to wirelessly link to my "secondary". I had to turn on bridging on both boxes, although from my primary (and access point) connect my iPhone wig just bridging turned on the primary. It could be that turning on the bridging resets the network connection.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)