Ethernet port active on 622!!!

Ronald_Jeremy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Rock Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got L441 last night.

You get into the setup for the ethernet with menu>6>1>9>.

It doesn't allow you to set up a static ip.

After hooking it up I tried to browse to it. Nothing. It doesn't respond to a ping either.

A quick port scan showed the only open port as 110.

Just thought I would let you guys know.

Haven't seen any activity of it in my router logs though.

Any word on if any wireless adapters will work?

I have the choice of either running a network cable to my home theatre, getting a wireless bridge, or getting a wireless adapter if it works.

Any word on if any wireless adapters will work?

I have the choice of either running a network cable to my home theatre, getting a wireless bridge, or getting a wireless adapter if it works.

I have a Netgear wireless game adapter hooked to mine and it has an IP address.

I got L441 last night.

You get into the setup for the ethernet with menu>6>1>9>.

It doesn't allow you to set up a static ip.

After hooking it up I tried to browse to it. Nothing. It doesn't respond to a ping either.

A quick port scan showed the only open port as 110.

Just thought I would let you guys know.

Haven't seen any activity of it in my router logs though.

What happens if you open a command window and telnet to it like this

telnet ipaddress 110

It should give some kind of prompt or informational display. It is interesting they picked port 110, the port used for POP mail.

What happens if you open a command window and telnet to it like this

telnet ipaddress 110

It should give some kind of prompt or informational display. It is interesting they picked port 110, the port used for POP mail.
Nothing. Just a blank screen and flashing cursor. Doing another scan of it and 110 is now closed. Nothing open.

And gdarwin, I checked again and it is now responding to the ping. Not sure why it wasn't before.

Nothing. Just a blank screen and flashing cursor. Doing another scan of it and 110 is now closed. Nothing open.

And gdarwin, I checked again and it is now responding to the ping. Not sure why it wasn't before.

It can take a little time for ARP tables to be updated. This is why you will often see a high latency on the first packet; but not on subsequent packets.

If you aren't using ping -t (is it -t or -s on windoze?) you are only sending a few packets which can on occasion be iffy.

Cheers,

Does anyone know how to verify whether the receiver is actually calling Dish? All indications are that my 622 is online and working (light is green, have an IP address, connection test 'OK'), but I would just like to verify that Dish is getting what they need to waive my $5 charge.

Or you could just wait a few days and see if it connects properly without the phone line plugged in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts