Eutelsat 65 West A Launched

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lost_mesa

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 18, 2010
New Mexico
Eutelsat 65 West A was successfully launched last night. It will be parked at 65 degrees west. :)

The C Band transponders cover parts of Conus, South America, and Western Europe. The Ku Band Americas Beam covers parts of Conus (36-39dBW) and down through northern South America. There is also a Ku Band beam for Brazil.

Ka Band is spot beamed on South America.

Eutelsat says it will be operational for the Rio 2016 Olympics.

Footprint maps with the details are here:
http://www.eutelsat.com/files/contributed/news/media_library/brochures/EUTELSAT_SATELLITE_E65WA.pdf

Reactions: Titanium and N5XZS
Most Ku Band footprints are around 48 to 50 dBW here in New Mexico, so 36 to 39 dBW is a big reduction in signal strength.

I have been thinking about how Eutelsat 65 West A would be co-located with the Brazilian satellite StarOne C1. Both satellites have C Band coverage over South America. Since StarOne C1 already has 28 transponders from 3600 to 4200 MHz, how was that going to work?

Doing a bit of digging, I found Eutelsat 65 West A uses the following downlink frequencies:

4500-4800 MHz - Ten 54 MHz wide transponders

10700-10950 Mhz
11200-11450 Mhz

17700-20200 MHz

So it looks like we will have another satellite with 4500-4800 MHz transponders, along with SES-6.

I can confirm this information. We are working with a Brazil based company on a manufacturing contract for a new C1-PLL lite model with 4500-4800MHz coverage.

We will carry a small inventory here in the US to play with! :)

Reactions: Bongu
Great! I will definitely buy one. Do you know if the C Band transponders on Eutelsat 65 West A are circular or linear?

We are including the upgraded accessories hardware in the gift box, which includes the dielectric and amalgam tape. Will it be used? I am sorry that I do not know the answer. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Glad it comes with the dielectric. It will at least be useful for SES-6. I guess we will find out about Eutelsat 65w when it comes on line.

I hope you will announce the availability for this LNBF here on Sat Guys, don't want to miss out. :)

Reactions: Titanium
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)