Even Transponders Gone. HELP!!!!!!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jesserulz233

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2005
South Carolina
I have a major problem. I was hooking up a new 3x8 multiswitch so i could run an extra line to my tivo. Well I hooked everything up right and came into the house to check. All transponders were showing good readings (90's -100) so I went back outside to put everything back under the house. When I came back in, I was horrified to see "Searching for Satellite Signal on my TV. I did a Test if the signal and all the Even ones had good readings (90's-100), but all the even ones were 0. I went outside to check all connections and everything was good. I checked the ends of the cable to the multiswitch and to the dish. All good. I then went back and I still had the same problem. I so changed the multiswitch back to the 3x4 and went back into the house. Still, nothin. Please help. What is wrong with my satellite? It is like that on all of the channels.

I have a dual lnb dish running into a 3x4 multiswitch going to 4 tv's. Please Help!!!

PS. I was getting half the channels on all tv's so I thought maybe if I unplug the recievers for 15 seconds and plug them back in maybe that will fix it. I WAS WRONG!!!!! Now none of my recievers will boot up and I have NO TV!!!! AAAHHHH!!!!

OMG no they were not. By unplugged do you mean power or coaxile or both? Doesn't matter though, they were not unplugged.

The LNB/built-in switch of a PhaseIII receive their power through the RG6 cable directly from the receivers, thus they should always be unplugged from the wall outlets before adding or removing the cables.

It matters with all the dishes. I found this out the hard way. I did it over 10 years ago.
All power cords should be unplugged until all your connections are completed. You shouldn't have to much trouble replacing the LNB on E-bay. Unless it's a Sony, they are harder to come by, but they are still out there.

The dishes that have powered multi-switches do not, but still as a rule you should always unplug no matter what.

It is my understanding that low voltage is passing through the RG6 whether a multi switch is being used or not. It was explained to me back in the early days of D that the LNB is not a passive device that it is powered from the RG6 coming from the receiver. This made sense to me as I could see it powering the built in signal seeker on the Sony dish. I'm not trying to argue the point with you, I'm just not sure I understand the difference in a powered multi switch being in the mix. I have read many of your posts and have great respect for your input.

check connectors

make sure you did not kink any wiring when it was put back, sometimes a connection will go bad. try wiring (3x4) in tandem, two from one into the other, gives 6 ports. d* does not allow 3x8 as approved equipment, i work for hsp and these switches were pulled quite some time ago.

Before you start freaking out try swapping the 2 incoming leads on the multi-switch. If you start to get the evens and not the odds then it is a problem with either the line or the multiswitch. If the line is the problem either runa new one or fix whatever is wrong with it. I once went on a service call similar to the in an apartment where cable ran down the halls. A small piece of metal penetrated the line and everything went haywire, pulled it out and everything was fine good luck.

It is very rare to sort out a lnb.

check your fittings make sure that part of the shielding is not touching the copper.

also make sure the fitting did not come loose

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)