"Everything" Package....Really??

Frankiniti

Original poster
Jan 31, 2016
California
Why doesn't the Dish "Everything" package really include "Everything"??!! I'm missing music video channels and have to pay extra for Epix! Lame!!!

Been playing the promo game with premiums for a while now, better off imo.

AEP has never included everything. It is simply one of the Americas Top Packages which include 120, 120+, 200, 250, and America's Everything Pack The premise of the package is that it includes everything you get when you subscribe to any of those packages plus all the premium movies, which is what it does. The music video channels mentioned are not in those packages so would not be in AEP. Red Zone is not in those packages so would not be in AEP etc...

While it would be extremely naive to think AEP would actually include everything DISH offers I think we all agree they need to change the name or revamp the offering.

While it would be extremely naive to think AEP would actually include everything DISH offers I think we all agree they need to change the name or revamp the offering.
The better question would be: why doesn't Dish offer a package that actually includes everything, even if they would have to come up with a different name for it?

At one point, there was a contest on the Charlie Chat, asking subscribers to come up with a new name for America's Everything Pack. They never announced a winner or changed the name of the package, so I guess they didn't like any of the suggestions. It reminded me of when Wizard magazine had a contest to come up with a new code-name for Jean Grey. They never announced a winner for that contest, and basically stated that all of the suggestions were kind of lame. Perhaps we should start a thread to come up with a new name for AEP. (Or we could just use this thread for that purpose.) Certainly the brain-trust here at SatelliteGuys can come up with a much better name than the marketing geniuses at Dish.

The better question would be: why doesn't Dish offer a package that actually includes everything, even if they would have to come up with a different name for it?

At one point, there was a contest on the Charlie Chat, asking subscribers to come up with a new name for America's Everything Pack. They never announced a winner or changed the name of the package, so I guess they didn't like any of the suggestions. It reminded me of when Wizard magazine had a contest to come up with a new code-name for Jean Grey. They never announced a winner for that contest, and basically stated that all of the suggestions were kind of lame. Perhaps we should start a thread to come up with a new name for AEP. (Or we could just use this thread for that purpose.) Certainly the brain-trust here at SatelliteGuys can come up with a much better name than the marketing geniuses at Dish.

Can't wait to see the "names" we come up with... :)
Can't use "everything" because no "all" package is going to include Internationals. So it's going to include Top 250 then include BBC, the music video channels, the DISH movie pack, Premium movies, and channels not already included from the Sports Pack for a discount.

I suggest they make that same package but with the Top200 as the base and maybe the Top120+ also.
But I do have a question, with all the talk of cutting back and wanting more A La Carte is that kind of package really wanted?

Reactions: pattykay
But I do have a question, with all the talk of cutting back and wanting more A La Carte is that kind of package really wanted?
I was thinking more along the lines of a new name for the existing AEP package, but I like your suggestions, too. I could easily see Dish dividing their marketing into two tiers of subscribers: the upper tier who just want all of the channels without the hassle of picking add-ons and are willing to pay for the convenience, and the lower tier who want to build their own package so they only pay for the channels that they actually want to watch.

At one point, Directv test-marketed a package where you could literally get every channel that was legally available in your area, including all of the pay-per-view movies and events. The cost was several thousand dollars for the entire year, and it was targeted at the very wealthy. I could see people going for that kind of thing if they can afford it.

I remember when I was young, we had two over the air channels and no cable, internet, vcr, or dvd. Not even cell phones. We did not even have air conditioners and I live in Florida. How did we survive? We played kick the can outside in the open air or hide and seek. WOW!

I remember when I was young, we had two over the air channels and no cable, internet, vcr, or dvd. Not even cell phones. We did not even have air conditioners and I live in Florida. How did we survive? We played kick the can outside in the open air or hide and seek. WOW!

I marvel at those that lived in Fl with no air or perhaps still do.

Reactions: TheKrell
I was thinking more along the lines of a new name for the existing AEP package, but I like your suggestions, too. I could easily see Dish dividing their marketing into two tiers of subscribers: the upper tier who just want all of the channels without the hassle of picking add-ons and are willing to pay for the convenience, and the lower tier who want to build their own package so they only pay for the channels that they actually want to watch.

At one point, Directv test-marketed a package where you could literally get every channel that was legally available in your area, including all of the pay-per-view movies and events. The cost was several thousand dollars for the entire year, and it was targeted at the very wealthy. I could see people going for that kind of thing if they can afford it.

That was the titanium package.

It was not so much for the wealthy, but to associate a cost with having a pirated box that got literally everything.

The cost was $10,000/yr.

If you actually subscribed they gave you a free custom install with up to 10 HD/DVR receivers.

I bet there are people who are still Grand fathered on the package.

I had a buddy thinking of getting it. He wanted to take the 10 receivers and put it in 10 different homes.

Reactions: pattykay

Did you walk to school uphill both ways, too? :D

Can't wait to see the "names" we come up with... :)
Can't use "everything" because no "all" package is going to include Internationals. So it's going to include Top 250 then include BBC, the music video channels, the DISH movie pack, Premium movies, and channels not already included from the Sports Pack for a discount.

I suggest they make that same package but with the Top200 as the base and maybe the Top120+ also.
Yes I want this package, was very disappointed it didn't exist (and by everything I don't mean the international channels, but more like DirecTV all English language channels and premiums in one package, including all sports...)

The last thing I want is al-la-carte. If everything went that way it would get more expensive for those who want all of the options open to them...

Unbelievable update folks!!
I called today to find out why I wasn't receiving the music video channels 362-368. Believe it or not....I was told that these channels are only available to people on a flex pack!!!! I asked "do you know how ridiculous that sounds"??!!! People with a cheaper package have access to more channels than I do being on the so called "Everything" package!!! So stupid!!!! I've been a customer for several years paying probably more than 70% of their customers being on the "Everything" package and this is the answer and service I get!!!! Wow!!!!

I called today to find out why I wasn't receiving the music video channels 362-368. Believe it or not....I was told that these channels are only available to people on a flex pack!!!! I asked "do you know how ridiculous that sounds"??!!! People with a cheaper package have access to more channels than I do being on the so called "Everything" package!!! So stupid!!!! I've been a customer for several years paying probably more than 70% of their customers being on the "Everything" package and this is the answer and service I get!!!! Wow!!!!

Well, I hate to make your day worse, but if you think that is bad, the MTV Suite of music channels, BET Gospel, BET Soul, MTVU, BET Jams, CMT Music, and NickMusic are in the FlexPack only, and BBC World Service is only available in a $10 per month add on.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

More bad news for you apparently. We are aware those channels are only in certain packs or packages a search will find the thread(s) about it so this isn't news to most of us. Fightbox is only in the top 120+. BBC is in an add on package no matter what package you have for $10.

My opinion is none of those channels would have been added if they had to be in the regular packages. I don't need any of them or the added cost so I am very happy they are not in my package. (Maybe BBC World but it's only SD I would rather watch online then)

Honestly you are too hung up on the Everything Pack name - while I agree time for a change on that as I posted it never had everything. The Everything Pack is a Top Pack - Top 120 to Everything. To this day there is only one channel that it does not have that the other same packages (All the Top packages) have and that's Fightbox only found in the Top 120+. Flex is not in that family of packages I believe different deals were made that allowed the music video channels we are talking about and others to be carried. There are other channels not found in any of the Top packages that Everything would not have either.

To give Dish some credit, as far as I know, they no longer "advertise" AEP on their website (or they didn't last I looked). Appears AT250 is what is "advertised" as the highest tier, and you can add the premiums to it for the same price as AEP.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: Tampa8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts