"Everything" Package....Really??

well well in the very early years it really did include everything. The problem is very soon after they were more channels added that were not part of that package but something like a la carte to the point where we have today quite a few channels not included in the everything pack.

Here's an here's an even funnier affirmation: those who have everything pack today are grandfathered with more channels than if they were to downgrade and then get everything pack again they would not get a number of the channels that used to get so it results in a net loss of channels. That makes it further from whatever and everything pack is supposed to be :).

AT250 used to have about all of the basic channels too. If a person had AT250, any new basic channels would be in the pack. Now with Fight Box, BBC World, the VH1 nets, it, it is impossible to get everything now.

Reactions: TheKrell
well well in the very early years it really did include everything. The problem is very soon after they were more channels added that were not part of that package but something like a la carte to the point where we have today quite a few channels not included in the everything pack.

Here's an here's an even funnier affirmation: those who have everything pack today are grandfathered with more channels than if they were to downgrade and then get everything pack again they would not get a number of the channels that used to get so it results in a net loss of channels. That makes it further from whatever and everything pack is supposed to be :).

What have they removed rom AEP that is no longer there if you are not "grandfathered" with the old package?

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: charlesrshell
They removed ALL the additional discounts you used to get that made AEP cheaper than AT250 plus all the premiums.
I can remember back in 09 you could get AEP and you paid NO dvr fees on additional receivers on your account. Made you pay only $6.00 for each additional hd receiver. Then in 2010 the dreaded $17.00 additional receiver fee was created for the Vip dvrs and that was the end of any perks with AEP. I haven't had it since.

Unbelievable update folks!!
I called today to find out why I wasn't receiving the music video channels 362-368. Believe it or not....I was told that these channels are only available to people on a flex pack!!!! I asked "do you know how ridiculous that sounds"??!!! People with a cheaper package have access to more channels than I do being on the so called "Everything" package!!! So stupid!!!! I've been a customer for several years paying probably more than 70% of their customers being on the "Everything" package and this is the answer and service I get!!!! Wow!!!!
What is really unbelievable is that Dish has carried these channels for nearly a year, and you are just now noticing that you are not getting them.

A wonderful useless thread about a package no longer offered...

If you're grandfathered, you already know what's in it. If not, you can't get it.

Unbelievable update folks!!
I called today to find out why I wasn't receiving the music video channels 362-368. Believe it or not....I was told that these channels are only available to people on a flex pack!!!! I asked "do you know how ridiculous that sounds"??!!! People with a cheaper package have access to more channels than I do being on the so called "Everything" package!!! So stupid!!!! I've been a customer for several years paying probably more than 70% of their customers being on the "Everything" package and this is the answer and service I get!!!! Wow!!!!

So, why don't you switch to FLex and just add the packages that you watch and save MONEY.

So, why don't you switch to FLex and just add the packages that you watch and save MONEY.
Well, I have switched to Flex to save money, but there are still many channels you can't get in Flex no matter how many add-ons are added. Science, NBCSN, NFL, MLB, NHL, etc. So it isn't for everyone.

Reactions: pattykay
Well, I have switched to Flex to save money, but there are still many channels you can't get in Flex no matter how many add-ons are added. Science, NBCSN, NFL, MLB, NHL, etc. So it isn't for everyone.

I take it you can't get the Sports Pack with Flex...

Reactions: pattykay
They removed ALL the additional discounts you used to get that made AEP cheaper than AT250 plus all the premiums.
Yeah, and it kind of hurt to lose that when I cut the premiums, but I just was not watching the premiums like I used to, in fact, sometimes not for many weeks. So, it was silly to keep AEP, but by removing them I did save quite a bit.

I just don't see how these premiums are going to last because so many people I know now use Netflix, Amazon, and a few other apps to watch ALL of their cinema content. Even the original series on the premiums are NOT the draw they used to be with both Netflix and Amazon offering far more original seires and origianals of great variety and even superiority compared to the premiums original content. I have no clue how premiums will survive as they are today, AND the preimiums REPEAT too often and provide LITTLE variety and seem to play more movies that are not premieres, meaning A LOTof OLD content. In the age of DVR's premiums high repeat airings of movies seem to diminish the value of the premiums. EVERYBODY I know who has dumped a premium or all of them tell me they do not miss them in the least because they have better options with Netflix and Amazon.

Yes, in the 20th century before streaming services with high quality PQ and sound (and before the DVR), premiums and there repeat and old content among a few premiers were the best we could expect, the state of the art, if you will, in the old linear TV days, but not today.

Reactions: littlecloud319
The better question would be: why doesn't Dish offer a package that actually includes everything, even if they would have to come up with a different name for it?

At one point, there was a contest on the Charlie Chat, asking subscribers to come up with a new name for America's Everything Pack. They never announced a winner or changed the name of the package, so I guess they didn't like any of the suggestions. It reminded me of when Wizard magazine had a contest to come up with a new code-name for Jean Grey. They never announced a winner for that contest, and basically stated that all of the suggestions were kind of lame. Perhaps we should start a thread to come up with a new name for AEP. (Or we could just use this thread for that purpose.) Certainly the brain-trust here at SatelliteGuys can come up with a much better name than the marketing geniuses at Dish.
This is a pet peeve of mine. I want to know why companies cannot simply use plain English as a means to communicate and market their products to potential customers. This use of flower puffed up and often confusing descriptors is to me setting themselves up to be ignored by frustrated individuals who simply want to be told the truth and be informed of ALL the details.

If it weren't for the series tv shows that most Premium channels have, I don't think that they would have near as many customers. The movies are shown to death.
I agree. We are keeping HBO for ONE reason. 10 bucks a month for life.
Now that "Billions" is done for the season and even though Showtime is rolling out "Life up there" which looks like it will be pretty good series, we are in a budget pinch and are dumping Showtime and down grading from the AT 250 to the 120+...
I am going to call Dish, try to get a domestic call center and attempt to use my 20 year tenure as negotiating leverage to reduce my bill without losing a ton of channels. If not, I will churn over to cable and then jump back in as a new customer when I'm eligible
My cost to watch TV is absurd. $170 per month.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I agree. We are keeping HBO for ONE reason. 10 bucks a month for life.
Now that "Billions" is done for the season and even though Showtime is rolling out "Life up there" which looks like it will be pretty good series, we are in a budget pinch and are dumping Showtime and down grading from the AT 250 to the 120+...
I am going to call Dish, try to get a domestic call center and attempt to use my 20 year tenure as negotiating leverage to reduce my bill without losing a ton of channels. If not, I will churn over to cable and then jump back in as a new customer when I'm eligible
My cost to watch TV is absurd. $170 per month.

Have you signed up for the $15 a month discount?

Reactions: MikeD-C05
This is a pet peeve of mine. I want to know why companies cannot simply use plain English as a means to communicate and market their products to potential customers. This use of flower puffed up and often confusing descriptors is to me setting themselves up to be ignored by frustrated individuals who simply want to be told the truth and be informed of ALL the details.
Okay, so what "plain English" name would you suggest to "simply" describe what AEP actually offers? (I actually am interested in suggestions. That was the point of the post you quoted.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)