example: 2 degree spacing on a 1.2 meter (photo)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

oceansatellite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 16, 2011
NE
Know a lot of people ask about this, so here goes

from left to right 89 95 97 101 103, it's a 1.2 meter pool.jpg

Thanks for sharing.

Nice job, must be great to have instant access to 5 Sats without having to drive a motor.

Nice job, must be great to have instant access to 5 Sats without having to drive a motor.

It's 8, not five, I have two more dishes. The plan is 20 lnbs, on three receivers. My c band is going up tomorrow. I'll post pics

Impressive work! Gives me inspiration to try to copy it, with other dishes. It would help to know approximate distance from face of 97 LNB to the "centre" of this dish, by the "centre" I mean the point equally distant from the 4 bolts holding the dish to its bracket. Did you have to accept lower SQ for some LNB due to presence of another LNB needing to be in exact spot? The 101 LNB seems sitting much lower compared to the row of other LNBs. Does it cause lower SQ for this sat? Anyway, the sheer size of the dish probably well compensates for any compromises. Thanks for sharing. Cheers, polgyver

That is great. I am attempting something similar right now but have only managed to get 91w and 101W with my 36" dish. I think my problem is I am using an analog meter and it only finds the stronger pay satellites. Not sure how to find the weaker ones. What do you use for a meter to find each satellite?

That is great. I am attempting something similar right now but have only managed to get 91w and 101W with my 36" dish. I think my problem is I am using an analog meter and it only finds the stronger pay satellites. Not sure how to find the weaker ones. What do you use for a meter to find each satellite?

I bring the receiver and tv to the dish, program in a hot transponder and shoot. The analog tells you you locked onto something, but god knows what. This way I don't get any false positives.

Here is my in process project. C band on a fixed 10 footer. 103W as main, 105W on top (empty), 101W under 103W and 97W under 101W. I'm getting all channels at 103W including both ION muxes, Rural TV, This/METV etc. This/ METVon 101W along with GLC (and some 99W bleeding over). CBS/CW Aztecas at 97W, NBC, Telemundo and Nasa on 105W (sorry NO pursuit 3920)

101W 006.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)