Excellent Credit = $300 Credit fee???

Status
Please reply by conversation.
i have had dtv three times going back to 2001 and i have never paid more than fifty dollars. and my credit scores aren't even in the 600'a.

Thanks again, everyone. I called Verizon and DTV and they set me up without a credit fee. They couldn't explain it but they assume the website wasn't checking my credit correctly. Here's hoping DTV service doesn't let me down. ::fingers crossed::

I would have just ignored what the website told you and called DIRECTV directly.

I, and maybe others thought a DIRECTV customer service rep. was telling you about a $300 fee over the phone.

i have had dtv three times going back to 2001 and i have never paid more than fifty dollars. and my credit scores aren't even in the 600'a.
2001 was way before the credit restrictions. I believe they started in 2005-2006.

last time i activated my account was 2007...it was still fifty dollars, which came off my first bill.
They got Stricter.
My Sister In laws was only last December.
I spoke with D* on the matter, because I wanted to make sure the money I was lending her was going toward D* and not Something else.;)

Been there done that!:)

Dish does a similar thing. Instead of a deposit, You have to Buy your equipment upfront if your credit score is low. They will still Install for free, and NO COMMITMENT is required then either. With Dish She would have been Putting out around $600. I wasn't Lending / Giving her that much.:)

Hi, I was in the process of ordering DirecTV through Verizon and after the credit check I was told (online) that I would be charged a $300 fee for my credit rating... But my wife and I have very good credit. Does every new customer get this fee or am I missing something?

I signed up in April of 2008 and I didn't have a credit fee at all. I have Good but not excellent credit.

I just signed up last night since I was unhappy with Dish and Comcast has been affected by some utility work that they refuse to do anything about, so hello DirecTV. I swore I'd never do it, but displeasure with other services has brought me back. This time they'd better not automatically steal $400 for a receiver when their return box fails to arrive if I ever decide to switch. I'll probably treport my debit card as lost and cancel it if I ever terminate service. That way they should theoretically not have access to my account and they would be forced to send a paper bill. I'll do the same when I cancel Dish. Switching seems very unlikely at this point though... I was happy with the service before, but decided to bundle to save money. At this point, the $29 off for a year offer will save me over even a bundle from Comcast. I will still have Dish as a backup since I have a lot of recorded stuff that I'd like to keep and the discount on DirecTV will help me keep that. After my discount is over with I guess I'll pull the plug on Dish. I think I'll buy an HD PVR to back up some stuff.

I also was not charged a fee except $99 for a second DVR and some taxes. The DirecTV web site is where I signed up and it said I was subject to up to a $300 deposit if I didn't pass the credit check. Thankully, I did. So what is the outlook for ESPNU HD? lol.

Last edited:
I just signed up last night since I was unhappy with Dish and Comcast has been affected by some utility work that they refuse to do anything about, so hello DirecTV. I swore I'd never do it, but displeasure with other services has brought me back. This time they'd better not automatically steal $400 for a receiver when their return box fails to arrive if I ever decide to switch. I'll probably treport my debit card as lost and cancel it if I ever terminate service. That way they should theoretically not have access to my account and they would be forced to send a paper bill. I'll do the same when I cancel Dish. Switching seems very unlikely at this point though... I was happy with the service before, but decided to bundle to save money. At this point, the $29 off for a year offer will save me over even a bundle from Comcast. I will still have Dish as a backup since I have a lot of recorded stuff that I'd like to keep and the discount on DirecTV will help me keep that. After my discount is over with I guess I'll pull the plug on Dish. I think I'll buy an HD PVR to back up some stuff.

I also was not charged a fee except $99 for a second DVR and some taxes. The DirecTV web site is where I signed up and it said I was subject to up to a $300 deposit if I didn't pass the credit check. Thankully, I did. So what is the outlook for ESPNU HD? lol.

OK. Once again they have lost me. I got a call today saying that my installation has been cancelled. I called them back to ask why and it was because my FATHER had an account with them and still owes them money. That was over 5 years ago and I don't live within 200 miles of him. They also will not refund the $118 I paid up front for a second HD DVR and taxes on it. They told me I would have to dispute in with my bank. Thank you DirecTV for reaffirming my belief that you undeniably suck donkey balls coated in fecal matter. I can't even come up with a word for how much I hate DirecTV at this point.

OK. Once again they have lost me. I got a call today saying that my installation has been cancelled. I called them back to ask why and it was because my FATHER had an account with them and still owes them money. That was over 5 years ago and I don't live within 200 miles of him. They also will not refund the $118 I paid up front for a second HD DVR and taxes on it. They told me I would have to dispute in with my bank. Thank you DirecTV for reaffirming my belief that you undeniably suck donkey balls coated in fecal matter. I can't even come up with a word for how much I hate DirecTV at this point.

They can't transfer a debt like that! The sins of the father are not visited upon the child.....it is in the same book that requires stoning folks for sex outside matrimony.

Of course I never did thank them adequately for announcing they were not activating a customer because, even though he swore & swore, he had an outstanding balance from a previous life. I didn't get paid for the installation. The installation company wanted me to go back and get the equipment. The adult son wanted me to get stuff running,,,,the way I would for a white guy!

Sometimes the bad guy wins.

Joe

A little Klingon justice in the ole USA? Seven generations are responsible for the deeds of the degenerate father; what a load of crap to pay for a losers debts first before you can have service. Keeping the money is just icing on the cake.......not like you have the time, but this never holds up in court.

A little Klingon justice in the ole USA? Seven generations are responsible for the deeds of the degenerate father; what a load of crap to pay for a losers debts first before you can have service. Keeping the money is just icing on the cake.......not like you have the time, but this never holds up in court.

Yeah, I am sure I'm in the right on this. I'm not worried about the money since I'm sure my bank will come through for me, but I shouldn't even have to dispute it. I wasn't the one that approved me for service, let me pay and then took the rug out from under our deal. That was all DirecTV. The least they could do is refund what I did pay for my trouble and at least give me some sense that they care and they are sorry. They aren't. I was also researching the number they had me call to make sure it was legit and found this:

Direct TV Complaints - FRAUD and Illegal Practices

That is a VERY similar story to mine. Is this common? Are these people a separate agency appointed to run potential paying customers away?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)