EXCLUSIVE: AT&T HomeZone First Look

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Wasn't up to the standard? Of who? Dish? That's pretty funny.

It was mpeg2 based, just when Dish was starting Mpeg4. Hopefully they went back and redisigned it with a mpeg4 chip.

From the manuals that Scott posted the interfaces don't even begin to resemble Dish's.

A. They don't resemble Dish's because they are not Dish's. It was designed and manufactured by a different company. (BTW, that's a good thing.)
B. It wasn't MPEG2-only. It was always MPEG4 capable. Click here for an original product description:
http://www.2wire.com/?p=13

The original announcement(which I have saved) said Mpeg2. From day one there were some that said it could do Mpeg4 but had to have a software change. I don't know the truth in this case.

Last edited:
HD Homezone Finally available but...

$199 for an upgrade from SD Homezone according the utterly un-informed CS agent at dish i spoke with. Seems like they weren't even aware there was HD box, AT&T was but they were no help...told me it was a $99 upgrade and told me to hold the line...then i got forward to the $199 guy without ever hearing back from the AT&T CS. Screw these guys, i'm going to wait and see what's up with this pricing. I even asking the dish guy if i didn't have the SD version already would i incur any costs and he said he didn't know. Tools.

AT&T launches HD Homezone service - Engadget HD

AT&T Homezone(SM) - DISH Network Digital Satellite TV with AT&T Yahoo! High Speed Internet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts