Exclusive: Superdish a SatelliteGuys First Look!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The Primestar Dishes were able to have a cable up through the feed arm tube.

I have been hearing that the 7100/7200 (DishPlayer) receivers will not be SuperDish compatible, not even with a DishPro adapter, because it will not get the SuperDish software.

Stargazer said:
I have been hearing that the 7100/7200 (DishPlayer) receivers will not be SuperDish compatible, not even with a DishPro adapter, because it will not get the SuperDish software.

Stargazer,

I have not been about to find out anything definite about that. Whoever knows the facts about the SuperDish and the DishPlayer sure isn't talking.

DISH needs to make it clear what will and won't work with the SuperDish so subscribers can plan on what they will need to do in the future.

Bill I was also told that the Dishplayer would not get superdish software but would work with a superdish will a Dishpro adapter, meaning it can still see 119/110 but it won't see 105 or 121.

Lets hope they cover this more on the Tech Chat.

I bet they will offer all Dishplayer owners a "special upgrade promotion" to a new DVR. Maybe they do not want to support the Dishplayer any longer because of some problems keeping people from doing some things they should not be doing (from what I heard) so maybe they are trying to do certain things on purpose just to get people to upgrade. Either that or maybe it has something to do with Microsoft and the support of the receiver.

They are hard to get through there once you crimp the ends on (because of that metal T in the tube but are easy to pull through before you crimp on the ends.

DishProAdapt

Scott Greczkowski said:
The 6000 with 8PSK module is psuedo Dishpro compatable, meaning it can support the stacked frequencies or the SuperDish, but it can not support the power of Dishpro.

The cost of the DishPro adapter is around $70 each, there is talk talk going around that one Dishpro adapter may come for those upgrading and have a 6000, but that is not official as of yet.

Hopefully we hear more on the upcoming Tech Chat.
Dont forgetthat you need one adaptor for each receiver! :evil:

You know the pressure for the DishProPlus switch has to be pretty high. Dish could save big $$ if that switch was available now. I wonder what the hold up on it is? Is it manufacturing or is it technical problems keeping it from being sent to manufacturing?

Probably a tech problem. Look at how long we have been waiting to get a software update on the 721: since March 2003.

Actually I was told that the DP+44 is behind because of the fact they are securing Patents to its special technology that was developed for it.

I hear the DP+44 works really well.

Now its just a case of finishing the paperwork. :D

Actually I was told that the DP+44 is behind because of the fact they are securing Patents to its special technology that was developed for it.
Sounds like a poor excuse to me... as long as your patent application is in the works, you're covered. How many times have you bought something and read, "Patent Pending" in the documentation, on the item, etc.?

Face it - Dish simply can't hit a target date if it were painted on the side of a big, red barn.

Fortunately, hardly anyone else in the industry can, either :)

International and HDTV with SuperDish?

Can you install 2 Ku FSS LNB's to receive 105 and 121 on the same SuperDish? (In addition to 110 and 119 for a total of 4 LNB's - that would be a lot of stuff hanging in front of that big dish... :-0)

Re: International and HDTV with SuperDish?

Guest said:
Can you install 2 Ku FSS LNB's to receive 105 and 121 on the same SuperDish? (In addition to 110 and 119 for a total of 4 LNB's - that would be a lot of stuff hanging in front of that big dish... :-0)

Possibly.

Potential problems:

1) too much weight for the arm to support reliably.
2) problems with LNB spacing
3) actually having someplace to attach the LNB.
4) actually getting the LNB aligned properly for the satellite.

Question about supper dish. What is the width, height, weight of the dish and the off-set of the mounting arm?

Apparently not. This was something I hoped for, but I was told that the KuFSS LNB has to be located at the sweet spot centered on the feed arm in order to keep the dish as small as possible. The lower power requires it.

Tim I just posted a better shot of the LNB's and feed assembly. :)

http://www.satelliteguys.us/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4597

Enjoy!

Re: International and HDTV with SuperDish?

Guest said:

I would say - why not, if you have 1m (3') dish then it will works.

I heard the 34 switch was going to have DP adapter built in. Is this true? I heard this a while back and heard it once again. It would be great news if this was the case but wouldn't that be a reason why the price on the SuperDish got ran up?