Excuse me while I...

Indy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 13, 2004
Indiana
Excuse me while I watch the New HD offering from Dish. The "Watch The Paint Dry In HD" channel. Did anyone catch the episode last night? "Semi Gloss Exterior and Subtle Nuances Of Chroma Change From Direct Sunlight" Boy! This had me on the edge of my seat the hole night! Went through a whole six pack before the first chroma change!

Now folks, if Voom goes away this is the kind of programming we can expect from Dish and Direct. :rolleyes:

or you can git a antenna and be happy the millions of subs that are happy will not care enjoy

I think Indy's trying to be funny -- not describing an actual show. The implication, as much as I can discern, is that if Voom goes dark this will somehow result in Dish and Direct airing less compelling HD content than they do now. While I appreciate Indy's unwavering support of Voom , I don't actually understand this theory. But my interpretation could be off. Indy? Explanation?

Re:LAB ; I'm somewhat ashamed to admit this, but if someone filmed vividly-colored paint drying (and filmed it well), and sped up the film and put some thumpin' tunes behind it -- I'd watch. It's not a very exciting one, this life of mine.

TheTimm said:
I think Indy's trying to be funny -- not describing an actual show. The implication, as much as I can discern, is that if Voom goes dark this will somehow result in Dish and Direct airing less compelling HD content than they do now. While I appreciate Indy's unwavering support of Voom , I don't actually understand this theory. But my interpretation could be off. Indy? Explanation?

Re:LAB ; I'm somewhat ashamed to admit this, but if someone filmed vividly-colored paint drying (and filmed it well), and sped up the film and put some thumpin' tunes behind it -- I'd watch. It's not a very exciting one, this life of mine.

Yes, this was my feeble attempt at wry humor using a fictitious HD channel and program. The next channel offering will be "Watch The Grass Grow In HD" and no,... the camera action is not sped up. These programs are offered in real time and filmed entirely from start to finish in glorious 1080i. Every monotonous crystal clear agonizing moment. :yes

VOOM
The King Of HD!

Here I thought he was describing that Discovery HD program about interior design where they show the guys painting walls and close up of the paint can tops.

Yeah, that one was my favorite MOOV video, especially when they showed the bars gnitlem in reverse!!!! :)

Well, if D*, E* or C* get any of these channels that Indy described, he will be able to watch them soon enough, unless he goes all OTA.

When they show the clasic car autions it is worthy of HD, and a few art lovers might think Devinchi and Vangouh are worthy of it also. :)

I think I understand Indy to be inferring that healthy competition from V* is good for E* and D* customers as well, since the competition causes E* and D* to want to add more HD to keep from losing customers.

With V* out of the picture, it's not as urgent for E* and D* anymore, their customers have nowhere else to go unless they are lucky enough to live in an area served by a really good cable company or a fully saturated digital OTA market.

TheTimm said:
I think I

I am ashamed to admit THIS too but I find myself watching LAB with my cat. He seems to understand it more than I. I guess it beats hanging out in bars.

Wife: "How was your day?"

Me: "Great! I watched some clouds and some amoeba and some fish and some swirling colors on VOOM."

Wife: "Did you mow the lawn?"

Me: "No, but I promise as soon as that organism in that magnified speck of dirt makes it one more millimeter to the left."

Indy, I get your sarcasm, but quantity of HD does not mean quality HD. 95% of my HD watching is Dish HD Pack and OTA, I just can't stand a lot of the HD PQ on Voom, though I have to admit that the PQ on most HD channels (Cinema10) have seemed improved lately. If Dish does rebroadcast the Voom HD, at least the PQ should increase.

ddlsmith, talking about your cat watching TV with you, I had Sunrise Earth on one day, the one with the Terns (birds) and my cat actually attacked my screen! It was so funny, thankfully he did not damage it.

DarrellP said:
....I just can't stand a lot of the HD PQ on Voom, though I have to admit that the PQ on most HD channels (Cinema10) have seemed improved lately....
Hey DarrellP, did you catch the show on Mount Rainier tonight on Equator? Just wondering what you thought of the PQ. I thought it was the best PQ on Voom ever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)