Exisiting Customers getting the $70.00 deal for Sunday Ticket.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NateCohen

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
I've only been a customer since last November, but I was wondering if DirecTV ever gives away the 4 months free of premier programming if you order Sunday Ticket. I want to get Sunday Ticket really bad, but it's just so expensive. If there's a way I can get the deal I will order it. Has anyone been successful with getting this deal if you're an exisiting customer?

Have not heard of anyone getting that deal except as a first time new sub.

You may be able to negotiate a deal for free superfan or a $10/mo discount, etc. Only way to know is to call, or email and request they call you.

My experiences have been that email gets better "local" CSRs.

I for example got the sunday ticket w/ premier package last year as a new customer. When I negotiated my renewal I spoke to 2/3 people. The last one was in "special services" which I think was retention group.

They offered me $10 off for 12 months and free HD pack for 1 year to keep ST & SF.

Essentially $240 off the $330 package :)

Only thing you can do is call and try, what you subscribe to will have a big part of what they will do for you, their computers use a customer ranking system that determines what they can offer you.

I had the movers connection install from hell and then 2 1/2 hours of DTV tossing the problem back and forth while I was on the phone. I had to call in three times....the first I was misteriously dropped between the HD DNS dept and retention....the second I was dropped after stating the problem and receiving the standard 'let me look at a few things' answer...the third time I had a nice retention person who sent me over to installations who then told me everything I had been told for the past 2 hours was wrong. So I called in that night and in a calm, rational manner explained my fustration. I asked on the side if there was any way they could give me the $70 deal for all my hassles. Of course the 'let me check into it' answer came up....about 10 minutes later we came back and said he'd give me the new subscriber deal if I would surrender my 1 year free of the HD package. Then after it was all setup, he gave me the direct line for rententions as well as a pin to get through and his badge info. All in all I came away happy enough. Now if they'd just get the darn waiver for the NYC NBC HD feed...

Edit: Forgot to mention...I came back and asked if he could throw in Superfan for free as well. Once he said yes, it was a no-brainer. And the local installer even bumped my incomplete install appt up to tomorrow from next Tuesday.

Last year I called and spoke to retention asking about getting the 69.99 deal that new customers get on ordering the Sunday Ticket( I have been a Directv sub since 1989). I explianed that I really wanted the Sunday Ticket but I thought the price is too high. They gave me the 69.99 deal and even gave me the superfan free. Call retention and ask, all they can say is no.

Why call retention if you don't intend to cancel?

Because they tend to be the more knowledgeable CSR's, they are used to dealing/giving deals, they have the permission to provide such deals, certain key words allow them to make deals like going to cable/fios/Dish Network, etc. All around just better experience with them versus the 1st level entry CSR's.

Because they tend to be the more knowledgeable CSR's, they are used to dealing/giving deals, they have the permission to provide such deals, certain key words allow them to make deals like going to cable/fios/Dish Network, etc. All around just better experience with them versus the 1st level entry CSR's.

However, I would not suggest using the "Going to Cable/Fios/DISH" example if you are trying to get ST !!!

Jimbo

Last edited:
However, I would not suggest using the "Going to Cable/Fios/DISH example if you are trying to get ST !!!

Jimbo

true, true. which is why so few people can pull off this deal. threaten to cancel and go elsewhere because you can't get directv to give you something only they sell?

The $70/mo deal is a good one, but you can do better in different ways with retentions.

Two days ago I got $20/mo off my bill for a year, $150 service credit, free HBO/Showtime/Cinemax/STARZ for 6mo, free HD-DVR, and free superfan. So maybe you should try for some of that instead.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)