Exisiting sub, one leased 942, one purchased...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MNHTUG

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Haven't been here in months. Too much new information to process. There should be one thread that outlines what is happening with Dish-HD, what our options are, and links to appropriate threads that cover each topic. I know this is a lot of work, but somebody needs to do it. Sorry it's not me at the momment.

Ok, I have one leased 942 that was purchased under the special $250 and lease deal for existing subs last year. Write CEO and get one sort of thing. We have a second 942 that was purchased new off ebay, it has not been activiated yet.

What are my options as an existing sub for getting the new HD channels?

(2) Purchased 508
(1) Leased 942 (Paid $250 to get it)
(1) Purchased 942 (Bought new on eBay / Not activiated yet)

If I follow all the posts correctly, you can EITHER upgrade one of the 508's to a 211, OR you can upgrade one of the 942's to a 622. You're only allowed one upgrade.

DWS44 said:
If I follow all the posts correctly, you can EITHER upgrade one of the 508's to a 211, OR you can upgrade one of the 942's to a 622. You're only allowed one upgrade.

There are reports that Dish will not activate a 942 for the HD pack after 2/1, so I would activate that one now. Then you could upgrade one of the 942's to a 622 for $299 ($99 with $200 rebate after 4/1) and either purchase another 622 yourself or wait until next year when dish will likely upgrade you again at a special price.

Or you can activate th 942 now, enjoy all the channels you get today until they switch all HD to MPEG4 and they will likely swap out both receivers for a nominal charge with programming commitment.

I was thinking about selling the un-activated 942 on eBay right away. If I can only upgrade one of the 942's, that may be the best option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)