Existing Customer Promotion

Discussion in 'DISH Network Support Forum' started by beardedbosn, Aug 27, 2018.

1. PHXHoward

PHXHoward SatelliteGuys Pro

From my experience they can’t add a new promotion until the old promotion drops off the account.

MikeD-C05 likes this.
  2. Cheddar_Head

Cheddar_Head SatelliteGuys Pro

If you need to cancel an old promotion just go on Dish Pause for a while, all existing promotions are cancelled when you re-activate. Not sure why you would want to but it will work.

3. Howard Simmons

Howard Simmons SatelliteGuys Pro

Sure it wasn't HipKat?

4. Bobby

Bobby Publican
    Supporting Founder

I don’t think HipKat works in PA. And, if it were HipKat I’d bet that all of the remotes would have been 54s.

crodrules and charlesrshell like this.
  5. loubon

loubon SatelliteGuys Pro
    Pub Member / Supporter

Once again I have to say thanks to the members of this forum. I went from the AEP to the AT250 with the individual movie packs. Saved $35 a month for the first 3 months (SHO promo) and $25 for the next 21 months. That's $630. And with the price lock it saves $60 this year and $120 next year (because it would have been an assumed $5 increase next year on top of the $5 increase this year) so that's another $180. $810 over the next two years. That's serious savings. Much better than a few PPV coupons!

You guys are the best!

6. Bobby

Bobby Publican
    Supporting Founder

Glad you are finding some good information here. Now, you might consider contributing just a bit of your savings to the site itself. It is not cheap keeping the site running. Along with those savings you could add no advertisements on the site that comes with pub membership.

7. loubon

loubon SatelliteGuys Pro
    Pub Member / Supporter

Done!. Actually had been a supporter a few times in the past but lost track of the fact it expired. So thanks for that.

Bobby, dare2be and Elsguy like this.
  8. Bobby

Bobby Publican
    Supporting Founder

Very cool! Let me pour you one of your favorite libations! :)

loubon and charlesrshell like this.
  9. msmith198025

msmith198025 Member of the Year
    Staff Member HERE TO HELP YOU!

Thank you for your support!!

loubon and charlesrshell like this.
  10. cruiser83

cruiser83 SatelliteGuys Guru

Called the 888 number in this thread, was offered either a 2 year price lock on our Flex Pack programming or $10 off a month for 12 months. I opted for the latter. I did not want to lock in on contract for 2 years, besides, assuming no price increase next year (big assumption on my part) the $10 off even with the price increase this month offers greater overall savings, w/out the extra year commitment.

crodrules and MikeD-C05 like this.
  11. crodrules

crodrules The Happy Pessimist

Yes, I did the exact same thing. The best part about the $10 off per month offer is that the credit is not specifically tied to Flex Pack. So, I was able to keep that credit, and still switch to Welcome Pack before the deadline to get grandfathered at the lower Welcome Pack rate, which really significantly cut my Dish bill. :)

12. Bear.3

Bear.3 Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member

I wonder if I could get some advice on what to do with my programming to save money. Have been with D seemingly forever. Used to have AT250 for the longest time and subscribed to the premium channel needed to watch a show when it premiered (HBO for Sopranos etc). It all was such a hassle that we just changed to the AEP w the sports pkg and went on autopilot. But boy my monthly bill has gotten $$$$. I do have the Preferred Customer offer for the 250 channels but what would be give up? We do watch Epix (Berlin and other series) as well as series on SHO and Starz (not sure what we’ll do about GoT when it debuts.

I’ve uploaded screenshots of my account page for reference. Thanks in advance.
    note-my Mastiff puppy loves to chew remotes. AF8E6A65-393E-45DF-872D-3C6A083C3D78.png 9D5F9B64-E6B6-4439-9D15-3292E9367757.png

13. KAB

KAB SatelliteGuys Master
    Pub Member / Supporter Lifetime Supporter

That is a monster bill of your own making. Use your head and cut the FAT! Options for Showtime and HBO are streaming. Wait until your "shows" have finished airing and sub to one or the other for a month or two and "binge" Most of us here, now without HBO, have figured it out!

crodrules likes this.
  14. Bear.3

Oh I agree it’s of my own making. Can one just sub to a premium, binge, the. Cancel and sub another...rinse then repeat without extra fees? Does anyone sub to the AEP anymore or is AET250 and below more popular?

How is everyone keeping track of their agreements, price locks and the other things I’ve seen mentioned in this thread?

#134 Bear.3, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  15. crodrules

crodrules The Happy Pessimist

Yes, you can add and drop the premiums at will, as long as you keep each package for at least 30 days. If you drop the package less than 30 days after adding it, there will be a $5 programming change fee.

The only reason I can think of to justify keeping the AEP at this point is the $25 HBO/Cinemax credit. Whenever that credit ends, Dish may let you keep the last credit as a one-time courtesy, rather than charging it back to your account. Something similar happened on my account with the $5 Univision credit, which I got to keep after dropping Latino Bonus Pack. That would be a one-time benefit, though, and you can save more money than that in the meantime by going ahead and downgrading your programming. It has been reported elsewhere on this site that Dish has already stopped promoting Starz, so the same thing may happen to those channels that happened to HBO/Cinemax. If the Epix channels are the only channels you watch from Dish Movie Pack, Epix is available as its own separate package for a lower price, so you could switch to that. Do you really need all of those Joeys, or could you live with simply moving the Wireless Joey from room-to-room as needed? That looks like pretty much the biggest chunk of your bill that could be cut without downgrading your base package.

When you sign up for any of the offers that require a contract, you should be able to see the contract, and the associated monthly bill credits, when you log into your mydish account. (Or register your Dish account at mydish.com, if you have not already done so.)

16. Bear.3

Thank you for the thoughtful reply. I know I can drop one of the Joey’s for sure and will drop AEP for AT250 for a start. Tks!

crodrules likes this.
  17. Cheddar_Head

Cheddar_Head SatelliteGuys Pro

Another possibility might be to purchase a FireTV stick or two and use Dish Anywhere on a lesser used TV. Dish Anywhere doesn't rely on your Internet connection if used internally to your residence and provides a decent alternative for lesser used TVs. One restriction is a single connection at a time to DA.

loubon and crodrules like this.
  18. loubon

loubon SatelliteGuys Pro
    Pub Member / Supporter

Thanks for this tip about the Fire Stick. I have a TV in a spare room that doesn't have a Dish connection only a Roku so if this works out well I may get rid of my wireless Joey in the basement and save the charge on that.

crodrules likes this.
  19. pjsjeep

pjsjeep SatelliteGuys Family
    Pub Member / Supporter

Confused on which number to call for the Loyalty dept? I want the best deal I can get too. I’ve gone up over 30$. Thanks for some help. Miss DIRT - that’s who I use to use.

crodrules, TheKrell and charlesrshell like this.
  20. charlesrshell

charlesrshell SatelliteGuys Crazy
    Pub Member / Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Try 888-496-1260

crodrules and pjsjeep like this.

Separate names with a comma.

More...