Status
Not open for further replies.

SKrueger

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 18, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
Got my first ever Harmony Remote (the 880) and I have a novice's question about setup.

For example, I have a Pioneer Plasma, the E* vip622, and a Bose 321 II. Do I list devices multiple times when going thru Harmony's setup screens. i.e. do I list the vip622 both as a DVR and as my satellilte box? Do I list the Bose 321 II, as a DVD player, CD Player, & radio? Thanks for any input and suggestions/hints are welcome.

I just set my 942, sony and TV up on an 880. Only enter it once. I set mine up as a pvr.
Also i found some things you will need to customize as the standard buttons dont support the aspcect ratio * , search, # and also the PVR button, weird i know as i selected pvr.

I have an older Harmony and I just added devices once. Then, when you create activities it walks you through which devices it will use for that activity. Love the remote.

I originally set my 942 up both as a receiver and as a dvr. I later went back and changed it to just a dvr. In short, it really doesn't matter. It just simplifies your number of selections to have it as one. The beauty of the 880 is that its easy to re-config. Enjoy it.

When you first set up devices, list what they are e*= sat, bose= dvd.This is what the remote wil show on its activities screen.The next step gets more specific with model #s. Unless you want the activities screen to show pvr instead of sat, label it as such.I have called Harmony tech support many times.and they are extremely helpful. The last time i called they emailed me a software version that wasnt even out yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts