Extend Range of Wireless Joey

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Skyhi

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2007
NE Ohio
I want to move a TV into my porch, but the signal from the WAP is too weak for my wireless Joey. Are there any extenders that will work for my situation? I really don't want to run an ethernet cable and I don't want to run coax out to the porch.

I noticed that the WAP has a switch to put it in client mode. Can I use two WAPs, put one of them in client mode and extend the signal?

I'm not entirely sure if that would work or not, perhaps somebody else on the boards has tried it and will be able to give feedback. One possible alternative if that doesn't work would be to use a power over ethernet adapter.

There are any number of Wifi extenders that will work. There are even home wifi surveillance cameras that can be set to be a Wifi hotspot.

At the risk of sounding difficult the solution suggested is Ethernet over powerline and not power over Ethernet. Two different beasts.
Another thing that may help is moving the WAP to a slightly different place with a longer network cable. Even 4-5 feet could make a sizable improvement esp if it gets the WAP out from a dead spot.

Reactions: navychop
At the risk of sounding difficult the solution suggested is Ethernet over powerline and not power over Ethernet. Two different beasts.
Another thing that may help is moving the WAP to a slightly different place with a longer network cable. Even 4-5 feet could make a sizable improvement esp if it gets the WAP out from a dead spot.
I agree...........Those repeaters due slow things down....If you could mess with that router save you some money and better overall performance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)