extend UHF remote signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

joshua721

Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
i have a former customer and friend who has his tv 2 run to his basement now the remote worked when i set it up but it seems once the batteries lose their initial full charge it doesn't work as well. His home is a wiring nightmare. finished ceilings and a amazing main entertainment center (custom cabinets and a huge projector) make this a not so easy task. I searched the internet for a UHF extender and was unable to find one. any ideas? can i diplex the remote signal into the already diplexed tv 2 and sat signal? probably not. or is there a way to boost the reception on the antenna on the back other then relocating it with some more cable. anyway thanks for any info and all that.

josh
former Subcontractor for dish and direct
military combat comm.

use 2 way splitters to combined UHF signal and TV2 in to one line before diplexer and then pit 2 way splitter behind tv ran one line to TV and second port attach UHF antenna
if you do more research here you will find diagrams

i have a former customer and friend who has his tv 2 run to his basement now the remote worked when i set it up but it seems once the batteries lose their initial full charge it doesn't work as well. His home is a wiring nightmare. finished ceilings and a amazing main entertainment center (custom cabinets and a huge projector) make this a not so easy task. I searched the internet for a UHF extender and was unable to find one. any ideas? can i diplex the remote signal into the already diplexed tv 2 and sat signal? probably not. or is there a way to boost the reception on the antenna on the back other then relocating it with some more cable. anyway thanks for any info and all that.

josh
former Subcontractor for dish and direct
military combat comm.

supplies needed: 2 two-way splitters, 3 cables approx 4 inches in length

AT RECEIVER
----------------
1) remove uhf antenna from back of receiver
2) insert one cable in its place
3) insert other cable into tv2 output
4) run both cables into output ports of splitter.
5) input port of splitter goes into existing cable into diplexer (UHF/VHF side)

AT TV2
----------------
1) remove cable from back of tv.
2) attach the cable you just removed into the input port of the splitter.
3) UHF antenna from the back of the receiver goes on one output port of splitter.
4) third cable goes on other output of splitter and into the tv.

this is the cheap, dirty way of extending the uhf remote range. this could introduce a little fuzz into the tv2 picture depending on the quality of the splitters and their resistors. i have also seen people hook up a set of rabbit ears in place of the factory uhf antenna.

-Steven

thanks alot ill give that a shot and see how it works. the only thing thats going to be hard is the space behind the receiver is getting limited as it already has a diplexor and the power adder for the 44 switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts