Extending a recording in progress did not work

oryan_dunn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2007
Indiana
I have F1 set to record and by default it should record 60min past the end of the scheduled time. Last night, qualifying kept being delayed, so I edited the timer for the currently recording show, and set it to 90min past the end. This morning when I checked, the recording was only 1.5hrs long (the actual scheduled time) instead of the expected 3hrs. Does this feature not work on the hopper?

What channel is this F1 on? Is it a PTAT event, if it is you must unskip the timer (and use a separate tuner) for any end padding to actually extend the record time.

I have F1 set to record and by default it should record 60min past the end of the scheduled time. Last night, qualifying kept being delayed, so I edited the timer for the currently recording show, and set it to 90min past the end. This morning when I checked, the recording was only 1.5hrs long (the actual scheduled time) instead of the expected 3hrs. Does this feature not work on the hopper?

I have a record series timer for F1 set to run 60 minutes longer past the end time and it worked for me for both practices, qualifying, and the race.

Last edited:
F1 is on 159 NBC Sports. You didn't miss anything.

Yeah, but I was in a catch 22... I stayed up till 3:30 or so, and at that point, they were still planning on running it that evening. When I got up, I couldn't look up to see if it had been delayed without possibly finding out who won pole, so I wanted to watch to the end of what I recorded the night previous.

I have a record series timer for F1 set to run 60 minutes longer past the end time and it worked for me for both practices, qualifying, and the race.

Yeah, everything else F1 recorded 60min past for me as well. I wonder if it's because I messed with the timer for the recording, while it was recording, that it didn't extend? Has anyone attempted extending a recording in progress? This was the first time I've ever tried it, and it didn't work out.

I've attempted to extend a few recordings in progress and it's never worked. Not sure why as doing this always worked on my older receivers (722K and 622). I've tried both editing the event and editing the timer. This works fine as long as the recording hasn't started. If it has, it simply doesn't work, at least not for me.

I've attempted to extend a few recordings in progress and it's never worked. Not sure why as doing this always worked on my older receivers (722K and 622). I've tried both editing the event and editing the timer. This works fine as long as the recording hasn't started. If it has, it simply doesn't work, at least not for me.

If you are trying to extend a recording in progress by trying to go into the timer, you are going about it the wrong way.
It's very simple. Press the record button, then the FWD button. You will see the prompt to do so. You can extend up to 90 min, AFAIK.

If you are trying to extend a recording in progress by trying to go into the timer, you are going about it the wrong way.
It's very simple. Press the record button, then the FWD button. You will see the prompt to do so. You can extend up to 90 min, AFAIK.

I'll have to give that a try. I did try hitting the record button, but it didn't seem to do anything at all. What an odd way to go about it. Seems like if you hit record while a program is recording, it should pop up a box with options for the recording.

When you pres the REC button, you'll see a text message that says to press FWD to extend the recording or BACK to shorten it. If you do either, you'll see the amount of time you are extending or shortening.

I'll have to give that a try. I did try hitting the record button, but it didn't seem to do anything at all. What an odd way to go about it. Seems like if you hit record while a program is recording, it should pop up a box with options for the recording.

Yes, that's essentially what you get.

Be certain you are tuned to that channel and the banner has the RED REC icon indicating you are TRULY watching the program while recording. If you tune to the channel form another channel, it will tune using a free tuner, NOT the actual tuner recording the event. Further, if you access the program from the DVR list while it is recording, that WON'T really be watching while recording.

The best way to TRULY be certain you are REALLY on the tuner that is currently recording is to access from the TV status view. That would be to press the RED mufti-function key to take you to the list of tuners. From there select the tuner that is recording your show. Now you can press RECORD button and extend program ending time.

Be certain you are tuned to that channel and the banner has the RED REC icon indicating you are TRULY watching the program while recording. If you tune to the channel form another channel, it will tune using a free tuner, NOT the actual tuner recording the event. Further, if you access the program from the DVR list while it is recording, that WON'T really be watching while recording.

The best way to TRULY be certain you are REALLY on the tuner that is currently recording is to access from the TV status view. That would be to press the RED mufti-function key to take you to the list of tuners. From there select the tuner that is recording your show. Now you can press RECORD button and extend program ending time.

Hmm good thinking. I may have just been watching it on another tuner. I'll keep a keen eye on it next time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)