Extending the range of a Joey remote...?

Other than soldering? No. There are ways to extend the range of the Hopper remote, though...

Well, I don't know the details... I just know that the Joey antenna is internal and you'd have to solder on an external antenna, much like people do to wireless routers with internal antennas.

and keep in mind that the Hopper extender is a bit different than the other receiver extenders. The threads are a bit different...

How do you order this? And can this be split and run to 2 antennas?

I ordered three each long time ago by phone from DISH. I don't think you can find them in mydish.com site unless you have a VIP922 DVR, then the antenna extender would be listed in the Order From Store section. The Hopper UHF antenna works better than past VIP receivers. I only have a little issue with one Hopper using the remote control in my garage. So I only installed one extender on the Hopper that I have trouble with. It helps a little bit. I am not sure about splitting to 2 antennas. The threads are different and it would be a big headache to rig up.

You can actually order the aforementioned extension cable, cut off one end and affix a standard F connector to it. Then you can extend the antenna as far as you want, just like with the 722.

You can actually order the aforementioned extension cable, cut off one end and affix a standard F connector to it. Then you can extend the antenna as far as you want, just like with the 722.
One time when I was experimenting with a powered UHF antenna to extend the Hopper signal, I used a coax F push-on adapter on the Hopper UHF extend cable funny threaded connector. If what ever the project you are working on performs ok, then cut off the one end and affix a standard F connector for a good permanent connection.
Coax Connector.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)