Extending UHF range of remote control?

cruzmisl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 29, 2004
Hi,

I have my 722 mounted in the basement and TV 2 is up a floor. I guess its mounted in a poor location because the range is really poor despite fresh batteries and the antenna hooked up properly. I was wondering if I could use some RG6 to essentially extend the antenna. This way I can mount the antenna on the same floor as TV 2 and I'm hoping it should resolve my issues.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Joe

Frequently adding a 6' length of cable to the receiver UHF antenna connection then a F-81(double female splice) allows mounting near ceiling level. This usually extends reception range.

Use splitters at both tv's (one tv is where the receiver is at and the other tv is where your trying to change channels from). There are two sides of the splitter, one side has one end and the other side has two ends.

On the one tv where the receiver is you put the one side of the splitter with one connector on the coax. The other side of the splitter has two connectors, one going to the UHF antenna port and the other to a UHF antenna itself.

On the other tv where you want to channels from, the one side of the splitter with one connector is connected to the coax wire coming from the receiver. The other side of the splitter has two connectors, one goes to the tv2 output on the back of the receiver and the other goes to a UHF antenna output on the back of the receiver. If you still have other rooms that you use TV2 on then you will need a four way splitter that has one input and three outputs and need to connect the additional output to a UHF antenna.

bah humbug before you try any of that.....try the attenuator it should be in the box.... little silver piece that screws on before your antenna does, sometimes houses have alot of astray frequencies that can mess with your remote....let me know if im right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)