This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

External XM Radio /Antenna

Mine actually works so well that my truck parked in the driveway will broadcast the Sirius fm into the house to my home fm tuners. I can leave the Sirius radio powered in the truck on the station I like and hear it static free in the truck

I'm guessing that they are older radios in your truck.
They changed the rules about recvrs a few years back because it was interrupting signal when you pulled up next to another car. Since then they have dropped the power output and it doesn't interfere anymore.
Instead you have issues like mine that I can't get a good solid signal is some locations.

I have issues where it will work fine and then I'll drive down the road and it will go out for up to 10 seconds and come back in, the guide still has the show/music info so it's not going to the "Check Antenna" message.

I occasionally will be driving down the road when your in a heavily tree covered are and accept it for a signal issue, but other times I could be in a wide open area and lose it for 10 seconds ... other times all is well.

I have reseated the cradle, all looks good, thinking it's losing something in the connection, but the connection is pretty much always made, only disconnect it if I have trouble.