Extra Charges During New Install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

owensdj

Original poster
Feb 18, 2007
I'm getting a new Dish Network AT250 4-room install tomorrow. I was wondering, if there are extra charges for a non-standard install, such as extra RG-6 cabling, do I pay the installer myself or does the installer bill Dish Network? Also, will the installer put 4 outlets in the 4 rooms or just drill holes in the floor for the cabling like the cable company did? Will installing outlets be an extra charge? Thanks.

I think technically on the back of the service agreement it does say a free standard install includes one wall penetration and up to 120' of RG6 coax cable.

There are plenty of jobs where I'ved used way more then 120' of RG6 and more then one wall penentration.

As far as wallfishing goes, not every tech will do a wallfish. Your better off specifing it on the work order. I have plenty experience doing them. There has been times where I've done them and not called in for additional charges.

If someone wanted all four rooms wallfished and there was difficulty doing it, you can bet I will make sure there is additional charges put on there.

Not many people enjoy working in insulation, not to mention the liability for going up in your attic with the potential of missing a raftor and cracking the drywall.

I remember one person recently who wanted a two story wallfish and had paid over $300 for that one single outlet.

Further: if the cable co drilled holes in the floor and used RG6 cable, I'm going to use that same cable.

fred

I charge extra for wall fishes, conduit boxes, wall plates, extra cable over 200'. The phones line installs are free up to 2. If there is already cabling there and it is Rg6 I will use that 99% of the time. I also charge Extra for hooking up home theaters systems and more than 2 TV's per reciever. I am an independant contractor.

I charge extra for wall fishes. I have a lot of experiance also but hate doing them, but I will. Extra runs beyond the 4(as you stated) yes I charge extra.