Extra Dish/Channel options in my area? Need Help.

asmcbride

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
WV/VA
I currently have an 811 with a Dish 500 (I think thats what it is) and get 110 and 119. I get the Washington, DC locals. I was told by a friend that I could call and get another Dish for free because my area has some more locals that are available to me but are not included on 110 or 119. Can someone explain this to me? What will the new dish point to, 129 or 61.5? In my area could I just upgrade to a Dish1000 and get the same new channels as I would get by adding this additional dish or does this additional dish get channels that the Dish1000 would not. Thanks in advance for all the help.

anyone out there with any advice on this question? What sats will the newest dish pickup? I guess the newest dish is the Dish1000, right?

They will probably offer you another dish, NOT a dish 1000 at 61.5. That way you would be able to pick up your missing locals plus VOOM. However Dish will probably charge you anywhere from 50 to 100 bucks to get it installed, but the only way you will find out is by calling Dish and asking

Jeslevine is correct about the dish location but not the cost. If you request the second dish for those stations then Dish Network is required by law to provide the dish and install it to you at no cost. Those stations that your friend told you about are known as must carry stations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts