extra fees

wireless200

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2005
Hi, I'm getting away from cable for several reasons and will probably go with dish network.

Just wondering how much extra (taxes, etc.) is tagged on to the $52.99 price for America's 180. How much will it actually cost per month?

Also I'm thinking about getting one of the foreign language packs for a short time while some relatives are here and the package requires a superdish. Is the superdish good for programming other than the foreign language channels?

Lastly are there great deals that come around every so often or is what the gold sponsers of this site charge pretty much as good as it get?

-David

wireless200 said:
Hi, I'm getting away from cable for several reasons and will probably go with dish network.

Just wondering how much extra (taxes, etc.) is tagged on to the $52.99 price for America's 180. How much will it actually cost per month?

Also I'm thinking about getting one of the foreign language packs for a short time while some relatives are here and the package requires a superdish. Is the superdish good for programming other than the foreign language channels?

Lastly are there great deals that come around every so often or is what the gold sponsers of this site charge pretty much as good as it get?

-David

First, welcome.

Second, you'll have to give a lot more info because we aren't psychic. Taxes are charged (or not charged) based on where you live and the amount varies widely. Your local channels, if available, may or may not be on a SuperDISH. We don't know how many TVs you want hooked up or if you want DVRs. So, tell us where you live (zip code), how many TVs you want hooked up, how many DVRs you want, and if you want HD or an HD DVR.

Third, the best deal is usually ClubDISH. Be warned: there will be 19,459 posts from people BEGGING to give you a ClubDISH code.

chaddux said:
First, welcome.

Second, you'll have to give a lot more info because we aren't psychic. Taxes are charged (or not charged) based on where you live and the amount varies widely. Your local channels, if available, may or may not be on a SuperDISH. We don't know how many TVs you want hooked up or if you want DVRs. So, tell us where you live (zip code), how many TVs you want hooked up, how many DVRs you want, and if you want HD or an HD DVR.

Third, the best deal is usually ClubDISH. Be warned: there will be 19,459 posts from people BEGGING to give you a ClubDISH code.

Ok. To get specific here's what I'm thinking about doing:
1) One receiver/DVR in the family room with America's 180, maybe 120 but I like VH 1 Classic. No HD right now.
2) One receiver with the foreign language pack in a guest bedroom. No HD.
3) After a year or less when the relatives leave, I'll drop the guest bedroom receiver and foreign language pack.
4) Need local channels.
5) My zip is 27519
6) Also, I need digital sound (PCM or bitstream) out of the receiver in the family room.
7) and want the best deal for all this. :)

The clubdish code seems to benefit the giver. What kind of deal would I get taking the above info into account and using a clubdish referral?

And given the above info how many junk fees are added on to the base price quoted - for example my earlier example America's 180 for $52.99/month. If sales tax is all (7% here) then fine but I'm asking about cell phone junk fees type stuff.

regards,
-Dave

wireless200 said:
1) One receiver/DVR in the family room with America's 180, maybe 120 but I like VH 1 Classic. No HD right now.
3) After a year or less when the relatives leave, I'll drop the guest bedroom receiver and foreign language pack.
4) Need local channels.
5) My zip is 27519
6) Also, I need digital sound (PCM or bitstream) out of the receiver in the family room.

The clubdish code seems to benefit the giver. What kind of deal would I get taking the above info into account and using a clubdish referral?

And given the above info how many junk fees are added on to the base price quoted - for example my earlier example America's 180 for $52.99/month. If sales tax is all (7% here) then fine but I'm asking about cell phone junk fees type stuff.

regards,
-Dave

First of all, all your receivers will have the same programming so you won't have AT180 in one room and foreign language channels in another room. They will all get the same.

One DVR will add a $4.98 monthly fee unless you subscribe to America's Everything Pak. Every receiver beyond the first will add $5.00/month to the cost. If you choose to get a dual-tuner receiver such as the 625 and as long as you keep it continuously connected to your home phone line, the extra fee will be waived. So you could have a 625 (which is a dual-tuner DVR) which would serve two rooms. You could watch independently in both rooms, record independently in both rooms and watch your recordings on either TV regardless of where it was originally recorded. As long as it's plugged into your phone line, it would be just $4.98 on top of the package price.

You will receiver Raleigh/Durham local channels. All of your locals are on one of the main satellites (119). You would not necessarily need a second dish. Obviously, many foreign language channels will require a SuperDISH (for 121) or an entirely separate dish (for 61.5 or 148).

ClubDISH benefits both people. The referrer gets a $60 discount. The person being referred gets the activation fee waived (plus a $50 credit on your first bill). Normally, you pay $50 and then get the $50 back.

North Carolina appears to have a 5% satellite tax. I don't know if that is the only tax or if it is above and beyond the regular tax rate. Maybe a North Carolina subscriber can provide more info.

wireless200 said:
4) Need local channels.
5) My zip is 27519

The clubdish code seems to benefit the giver. What kind of deal would I get taking the above info into account and using a clubdish referral? :) :) :)

The same programming package is on all receivers so I would guess you will need to sign up for 1 year of the programming /receivers under something like DHA12. To give you DVR and digital output you will need something like the DVR522/625. The 625 will cost you $4.98 /Mo. for Dish Video on Demand fee (DVOD) and if it is not connected to a land based phone line a $4.99 second receiver fee. So add $10 to the $52.99 then add the state sales tax fee and you will pretty much be there.

LIke the previous posts have indicated you will probably be best with a 625 which will allow you to have dvr in two rooms. which will only add on 4.98 a month as long as you have a phone line connected to the reciever. Now i don't know which international package you are refferring to, the prices do vary on that. Before the international package, with the phone connected you are looking at 57.97 + taxes. Then you would just need to add on the cost of the specific international package you are looking for. Which language are you needing internation channels for?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)