Status
Please reply by conversation.

dodger72

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 17, 2009
Anderson, California, United States
i downgraded to the entertainment package and i also have the extra innings package. today i went to watch my local team play and i was told that i was not subscribed. i understand rsn's aren't including in the entertainment package, but does that mean they aren't part of extra innings?

Your local regional sports net (CSNBA for SF I think) is not part of the entertainment package. Extra Innings gives all out of market games, and will also blackout the opposing team feed when they play your local team.

Essentially if you want to see Any Giants games you need the Choice package or higher.

This is interesting, I thought that when you bought a Special Package "Extra Innings" you would get anything in the package, regardless of TV package your on.
You've paid EXTRA for the right to get that package.

You think it should show the same regardless of you having the Top or Bottom package for your TV viewing.
Did I misread the previous statement ?

This is interesting, I thought that when you bought a Special Package "Extra Innings" you would get anything in the package, regardless of TV package your on.

You think it should show the same regardless of you having the Top or Bottom package for your TV viewing.

All the sports season passes have blackout rules. The OP's problem is they downgraded to a package that doesn't have an RSN included. They clearly state that the season packages are out of market games only.

Some are misunderstanding what Extra Innings is, and what your RSN is. Two completely different things. If you do not subscribe to a package that has your RSN you will not get your local team when they are playing, wherever they are playing. The exception is when it's on Fox, or sometimes ESPN, or if you have a local channel that still carries some games. But in general no RSN, no game.
Extra Innings is ONLY to be able to get out of market games. Anytime your team is playing that is not an out of market game, doesn't matter where they play. Extra innings is prohibited from showing you your local team, because the RSN has that exclusively. (Other than Fox, ESPN etc,... occasionally) So you are getting everything in the Extra Innings package, regardless of what level you are at.

I believe if the OP subscribes to Sports Pack he will be OK (pretty sure it includes your local RSN). In some markets to see your team you need Sports Pack, for example now I'm in northern Indiana which is Detroit Tigers territory but none of the base packages come with Fox Sports Detroit, and the games wouldn't be included in EI so I need Sports Pack to watch them.

I believe if the OP subscribes to Sports Pack he will be OK (pretty sure it includes your local RSN). In some markets to see your team you need Sports Pack, for example now I'm in northern Indiana which is Detroit Tigers territory but none of the base packages come with Fox Sports Detroit, and the games wouldn't be included in EI so I need Sports Pack to watch them.

I don't think that's quite correct. In South Bend for example, you get the Cubs and White Sox with any package up to Premiere. If you get Premiere then you also get the Reds and Tigers. You can also get them the way you mentioned, by having a basic package and adding the sports pack.

No you don't get ANY local team coverage. MLB EI is ONLY meant for out of market coverage. Like the others have already said, you will have to change to a package which includes your local rsn to get your local game coverage back.

BUT
the MLB EI channel that has your local team is available to view. The issue is his programming package does not have his local RSN

I've been able to view the Twins games on the MLB EI channel along with FS North (my local RSN). I can't see any other feed and during the freeviews the opponent feed is blacked out

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)