Extra Innings for 2008

rayburn45

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 12, 2006
Any chance that Dish will get MLB Extra Innings for 2008 season. If they don't, I'm just gonna have to switch to Directv.

No chance for them to have Extra Innings until the contract with DirectTv is done. Dish had the chance and didn't want to pony up the cash. If EI is important to you, you can get it only on DTV or Cable.

No chance for them to have Extra Innings until the contract with DirectTv is done. Dish had the chance and didn't want to pony up the cash. If EI is important to you, you can get it only on DTV or Cable.

I don't think that this is true. All E* has to do is agree to the same deal that D* and cable did.

same here. I was dissapointed when dish did not sign this package as A MLB EI sub. This year i went with the online package sence I wont be home anyhow untill sepetember. By that time it would be playoffs anyhow.

Consider getting ExpressVu, a canadian satellite provider. The package is only $100 and they have a very low minimum basic package they make you take to get it which is around $12 per month.

Claude you must be on a really old grandfathered EVu package...basic package is now $31 a month

my contract with dish network is done early next May. As a past MLB EI subscriber, I am pissed that Charlie Cheese did not truly negociate to keep MLB EI for 2007 and beyond. Because of DIsh Networks idiot decision, I am 100% sure I am dropping Dish and joining Direct TV next May. You had your chance to keep me dish and you BLEW IT.

That window of opportunity closed.

I doubt that's true. I'm sure if DISH Network went to MLB tomorrow and said they would carry the MLB channel upon its launch in 2009, MLB would be agreeable to letting DISH Network carry MLB EI before the 2013 EI renew negotiations occur.

They are the same now. $1US = .954 cents Canadian. It's not like it was 5 years ago where it was $1 =.60

The US dollar sucks anymore. Hell if things keep going the way they are the Peso will be worth more.
Oh boy....Hey ,guess what?..travel arrangements to mexico( so you can get your pesos can be made at your local travel agent..Oh yeah. How extensive is your knowledge of the currency markets?

MLB isn't in a "negotiating" mode for those who haven't been keeping tabs. Cable has to pay an inflated base price in order to contract for EI and the only reason it wasn't kept strictly D* exclusive is due to the potential for legal complications of the deal.

E* will not agree to carry MLB until such time as MLB will provide a package at a "reasonable" amount (no, a reasonable amount and requiring E* to carry it on their minimum tier doesn't count) and until MLB's business with D* stops dictating its business with E*. I don't blame Charlie one bit for not wanting to deal with MLB when D* is running the show behind the scenes. All MLB cares about is getting X number of dollars, and since D* was willing to pay a little more they went to bat for them. That's not a straightforward way of doing business (yeah yeah, let's not go there...)

For those who live and breath EI and won't stay anywhere that doesn't have it, see ya! You're in the minority. Only 10% maximum of any given subscriber base is there for sports. A multi-billion dollar company will not structure a business contract around 10% (unless you're WildBlue.)

Bottom line on EI ... if you really want it, then you need to switch. I would be shocked to see MLB EI on Dish next year. Even if MLB was willing to reopen negotiations, Dish is not willing to pay the money that MLB wants.

You don't have to switch. I opted for mlb.tv instead, which allows me to keep up with games at work as well. With Extra Innings, I didn't have that option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)