Extra Innings HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ryu

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 19, 2006
First time, long time...

So my local team the Twins (aka 2006 ALCD Champs) is broadcasted on FOX Sport net HD according to http://msn.foxsports.com/story/1528357

My question is: will I then be able to see Twins games in HD on MLB EI?

I no longer trust DTV phone reps because I chased my tail to get a waiver to my local fox for 3 months to get the Vikings on Sunday ticket, only to find out that the waiver allows the national feed but not the Sunday ticket feed. (I still don’t get that one)

Please chime in if you have in insight into this…

Thanks

Don't lknow but I will not renew MLB Extra Innings until they start broadcasting HD. Once you've seen practically any sports in HD, it's very hard to ever watch them in SD again.

Channels 94-98 are the seasonal sports HD channels. They broadcast NBA, NHL, and MLB games depending on season. I doubt that D* will add all the FSN's in HD by April. Maybe by April 2007. Some games will be in HD in the channels listed above. Not very many but some. Maybe 2-3 games a day. It'll be a long time til we see every MLB game in HD.

you say they Twins are your local team right? So that means they are part of your RSN? if that's the case you don't need MLB EI, D* gives the Twins HD broadcasts also to the local RSN area that's doing the game in HD. D* aired several twins games last season both to the MLB EI package and the FSN North-MN area.

Wait a sec BFG. I am unaware of any RSN games or FSN games for that matter that are ever aired on D in HD except for those few in the 90's like the YES games...Are you stating that if your local FSN or RSN has the game in HD you can get it on D*? Because it doesn't work that way. I just read some of your other posts and they state that you don't and wont get D* so where did this info/advise come from?

Last edited:
Nah, D* carried a bunch of games in the MLB EI package last year. go online and look at the schedule. And all those feeds they used in the EI package were shown to the RSN Region to which the feed belonged to.

You must've confused my posts with an E* situation

A bunch?? 1 or two a day if I remember correctly. I guess that can be taken either way. I hope we get more this year though. The quote I saw was..."I myself would never go with D* knowing that there is a better product out there." It was in the HD Lite titled forum in D* forum.

Last edited:
BFG said:
you say they Twins are your local team right? So that means they are part of your RSN? if that's the case you don't need MLB EI, D* gives the Twins HD broadcasts also to the local RSN area that's doing the game in HD. D* aired several twins games last season both to the MLB EI package and the FSN North-MN area.

Yes, however my local FSN is not HD, so I'm not following. Where would they broadcast these games?

Or are you saying that the HD channels in the 90's are different for different regions? That doesn't sound right either.

Please elaborate.

If your RSN is FSN North - Minesota, where you watch the twins games, then yes they do have HD games, and if D* uses their HD feed you'd be able to get it in a channel in the 90s

Once again...are you stating that the games in the 90's are different depending upon the region your in. I have found this to not be the case.

FlyingJ said:
Once again...are you stating that the games in the 90's are different depending upon the region your in. I have found this to not be the case.

I am in central CT. YES is one of my RSN's. When the Yankees are home, their games
are in HD. D* shows the games in SD on 622 and in HD on 94. YRMV

BFG said:
If your RSN is FSN North - Minesota, where you watch the twins games, then yes they do have HD games, and if D* uses their HD feed you'd be able to get it in a channel in the 90s

Right, thats my question. If... So I'm wonder if anyone know if they will use that feed and if I can see all the games that are shot in HD (which is most as I understand it).

BFG,
Are the Marlins games broadcast in HD on your regional network down there? If so did you get the games in the 90's on D* last year??

The problem with the MLB Extra Inning in HD is that both E* and D* started doing some games in HD -- not all. Even the YES games in HD were screwed with D*. Sometimes they were shown some other times they were not and some other times the games were changed to another channel without a warning. Whenever you call D* to ask them about the YES HD feed and what was going on, they always stated that they never carried the HD feed which was kind of confusing because we were all watching the HD Feed yet customer service denied that they did. It was quite frustrating to the point that I no longer bother with them. The other problem was that the schedule posted on DirecTv website of the games in HD was obsolete most of the time and no one bothered to updated it.

It is quite frustrating to pay big money for a product and not get what you are promised. I hope that this year things have changed and DirecTv customers know that there is an HD feed. They should also assigned one channel to the YES HD feed. Cablevision does this and you know that this is the HD feed always. Also at the end of the year the YES HD feed was scrapped due to the NFL which it was again frustrating while cablevision was showing all the games. These problems need to be addressed but I do not know if they ever will given the ignorance or the playing ignorance of D*.

That sums it up pretty good. My point was, did you actually see this or were you basing your informatuion on schedules and information off D*'s website. Which if you had HD and EI last year you would know didn't mean a heck of a lot! I still do not remember seeing any regional games showing up in the 90's that were limited to or only for a particular area. I still think that the blanket statement of if your RSN that you receive broadcasts in HD then you would get those HD broadcasts in the 90's. Just wasn't so. Thanks Sean for the info, and I am with you, I hope we are in for more coverage and better information this year.

I am in So Cal. Early last season DirecTV was limiting the HD broadcasts to the local audience but that was dropped around mid-season. We usually got the YES Network game when that was the EI broadcast. If the SD broadcast of the Yankee game was from the other team, then the HD was not available. I do not believe there were any NESN games on HD. DirecTV showed a bunch of Seattle and Houston games. Later on when the Dodgers did a handful of HD games they were all available. I do not believe they ever had more than 2 at a time.

I don't think many teams were doing most of their schedule in HD other than Boston and NY. It will be interesting to see how DirecTV handles it when they have a lot more choices over the next few years.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)