extra innings question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Katz

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2005
I have MLB EI, and one HDDVR and one Standard receiver. The standard receiver had a messgage telling me that MEI are no longer shown on the MEI channels, I can see the games on their appropriate RSN channel. Can anyone explain why?
Is this going to affect my other sports subscriptions too? Thanks!

ps the HDDVR has them all on the normal 700 channels.

This is normal and has been like this for a while with other sporting packages, Directv is not supporting the mapping on older receivers. I think there was a thread on this some where else in this forum. :)

??

should I be concerned and consider updating my receiver? It's used on a small std def tv and works fine- but if it's becoming obsolete and I'm going to start missing programming I guess I should consider?

I wouldnt worry, your not missing out on any programming as the programming that MLBEI generates from is the RSN's. :) They just re map the channels to the 700's. Think of it as instead of going to the 700's your getting them directly from the source on the RSN's.

I wouldnt worry, your not missing out on any programming as the programming that MLBEI generates from is the RSN's. :) They just re map the channels to the 700's. Think of it as instead of going to the 700's your getting them directly from the source on the RSN's.

true,but 2 things
1)harder to find games flipping through rsn's,then having them organized for you and i have no clue where you would find the occaional csn philly or ch4 san diego padres feed
2)mlb mix channel is not an rsn

If you have been a subscriber for a long time, call D* and find out if you can get a free upgrade. I noticed back in February on channel 699 a message about missing channels in the 700s for NBA LP and NHL CI. I was worried what would happen to MLB EI. I did a google search that eventually got me here and it said that my old receiver is out of date so I called D* and they offered me a free upgrade because I had been a subscriber for over 10 years. It might be worth a shot because you'll be missing some games if MLB EI ever adds the Padres and Phillies. They have added the Blue Jays and you won't get that in the 600s.

They generally will upgrade these receivers for you if you call. The receiver can't hold the whole guide, so they dropped the 700's. You'll still get "most" feeds, but will miss special non-RSN feeds like Padres, BlueJays, Phillies.

If a person couldn't get MLB-EI on the 700s, they would have missed the Yankees feed on Tuesday night (as well as the Blue Jays) as it was on My9 in New York and not simulcasted on Yes Network. What I don't get is why we get to see the Yankees on their local TV station (I remember last season during a rain delay, they showed King of Queens so I knew it wasn't on Yes. Also, the game was on Sun Sports for the Tampa feed) and we don't have San Diego or Philadelphia so far, which could be a problem this weekend as San Diego is in Philadelphia. Plus if they added the Yankees local feed, why not other teams like the Angels or Dodgers.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts