Extra Storage?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

philhu

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 1, 2004
Cold Boston Area
Hi

I am in Boston area.

My cable box, the HD one, has an eStata port for an extra storage disk. I called the CS people and they said all ports are turned on

I plugged in the disk, got nothing..no extra space or message. I would really love to add more storage to my dvr.

I've heard that Comcast has no intention of enabling that port related to previosuly mentioned DRM issues. Perhaps with future software upgrades or different platforms like Tivo, tec. it will be available.

ok

I plugged a disk in for the heck of it, as I said. Nothing

But, upon pulling it out, the box went crazy, the picture froze on and off until I did a reboot.

So it obviously sees the device connected....

Phil

You're talking about the SA HD DVR? The 8300 series? Those have eSata enabled, and I think it should work. Only with certain models of eSata drives though.

None of the ports on the Motorola boxes are enabled for extra storage, that included the firewire port the previous posted alluded to using. The firewire port allows output only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)