extremely dumb question of the day...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

old rat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 6, 2004
I am sorry , BUT DOES D* EVER add new channels? Holey Moley, it seems as though D* just collects our money and goes on its way.. when do they say, HEY its time that we give them some thing more for their money?

that being said, I will be with D* five years next week.. I wonder if they will give me something for being with them so long.. or if I just get another bill..

Just wondering out loud...

Please don't just rip me.. but offer at least some fair discussion..

thanks Old Rat..

Damn, I want to rip you! But old rat, you worded everything so well and asked not to be ripped so..... Do you have HD? 5 years, looking for some economic releif? Extra movie channels, a sports subscription? What is it your looking for. Need another gospel channel, food network (yawn). Seriously, what are you looking for because, I suspect that if you asked, you would get it.

I always wonder what other channels are out there to be added. I would love to see almost anything added that isn't a shopping or religious channel. Sleuth was a great addition, love watching Simon & Simon again.

And here is the crux of the situation, we have the camp that demands more content, and the camp that demands quality, and then the camp that demands low pricing, and then we have the camp that wants it all, is it any wonder D* gets behind?

two things... afraid to ask is one...

well as for channels. i would like to see the sportsmans network ( or channel , what ever they call it) added to D* since oln is going to change their name and and their focus starting next month..

I hear that there is a Monster channel out there, which has a bunch of the old Universal movies and other sci fi monster movies .. so that wouldn't be too bad..

I really wish that D* would dump AMC since it has drasticly changed from a great channel to one of total frustration in long commercial after commercial breaks

as for my bonus of five years.. I am afraid to ask.. for one because I have both east and west coast networks and they now offer the local channels..

The wife factor in my case is that SHE LOVES EAST AND WEST COAST.. and she would divorce me if I called ( and I have heard here, but not lately,) that D* makes you take your local channels.. that would be the last thing that I would want.

I certainly could use some relief either with a discount per month or something free or a highly discounted sports package.. but really a discount per month would really help me.. so that is why I am afraid to ask for anything..

we do not have HD or a tivo and I don't want or need them at this time..

I would rather buy my own DVD recorder and put shows onto a disk instead of having shows and then dumping them from a hard drive only to never have them again..

so I am willing to hear my options.. and if you truly have inside knowledge, that I would NOT lose east and west coast, I am listening..

Sounds like you just want to be appreciated for being so loyal, I do not blame you, try calling retention: 800-824-9081 and tell them nicely what you would like wrt credits, or free/cheap upgrades and if your account is in good standing, I am sure they can get you something. :)

If you're worried about your E/W feeds, it should be ok so as long as you don't change packages.

I agree, The shopping & religious channels are a waste. If I want to shop I'll do it over the net or go the old fashion route and go to a store. As for religion, I'll go to a church. I for one want better quality/more HI-DEF ... :mad:

I guess that I would like to here that from some one who actually works for D* because it really would be very, very VERY unpleasent in this house if I lost those feeds.. or if I heard this from a long term insider of D*.. This is not to knock anyone who posted.. but in the past couple of years things have really changed and again, I heard that if you called for almost any reason, they took your feeds away...

it has been said not to call customer service for anything because of that.. and I have heard this, not recently, but many times for a while there...

old rat said:
I am sorry , BUT DOES D* EVER add new channels? Holey Moley, it seems as though D* just collects our money and goes on its way.. when do they say, HEY its time that we give them some thing more for their money?

that being said, I will be with D* five years next week.. I wonder if they will give me something for being with them so long.. or if I just get another bill..

Just wondering out loud...

Please don't just rip me.. but offer at least some fair discussion..

thanks Old Rat..
Come back in 2008. They might have something by then

Well there's an old saying don't rock the boat unless you want it to tip over.When
the time ever comes to lose distant networks everyone will lose them and have them replaced with locals the NAB will see to that.If everyone had distants and not locals the lost
money from non viewers could cause hardship and could put them out of business.
On the other hand you might feel better when you see on a LA station that 2 tornandos are coming your way.
Shopping and religious channels are not popular but they do pay their own way
which means lower subscription cost.More HD would be nice but you can't put the cart in front of the horse and expect it to go any where.2007 is the given year for improvement if everything goes as planned.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts